U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Location: Back in COLORADO!!!
840 posts, read 2,034,095 times
Reputation: 1377


Hello all, I haven't been able to find an answer elsewhere, so I am hoping one of you can point me in the right direction.

I have a house in the Knob Hill neighborhood which is served by an overhead electric line as are all of the 1940's and 1950's houses in the area. There is a wooden pole in the alleyway behind the house which is leaning severely, despite a steel support cable having been installed to reinforce it.

I have contacted COS utilities about the issue and they tell me the pole is actually owned by "the phone company", and not maintained by Springs utilities. Even though it carries an electric line which serves several nearby houses. Apparently, there is an ID tag on the pole indicating it is the property of Qwest, and therefor, not their circus, not their monkeys.

Qwest no longer exists and ownership of said pole was transferred to Centurylink. The folks at Centurylink tell me that, since this pole carries electrical service, and not just telecom, it isn't their problem either....


I am seriously concerned this pole will fall down sooner rather than later and with it, electricity to my house.

So, does anyone know who I need to talk to get this issue resolved?

Thank you in advance for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 07:17 PM
Location: Colorado
1,706 posts, read 2,923,476 times
Reputation: 1741
I would honestly talk to a local news station. You've gone through proper channels and haven't found resolution. Sometimes a news station can cut through the red tape faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2018, 10:21 AM
34 posts, read 8,701 times
Reputation: 79
Since CSU answers to the city/county, I would start off with an e-mail to both your city councilperson and county commissioner. If you visit the city and county websites, they have maps that indicate which district you live in and who your representative is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2018, 12:10 PM
680 posts, read 407,668 times
Reputation: 360
there is a number, which dang if I can find it when I get home, that deals with things like this....anything dealing with city and anything obstructed that poses a risk or even just looks ugly. They get to the bottom of it and investigate. I am sure if you call city hall as well, they can provide you to right number eventually. Especially if you say its a hazard for safety
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top