U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 01:06 AM

10,450 posts, read 2,809,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
And yet, that has gone on since the beginning of our country, taking many different forms over time. Nothing new. Part of freedom and liberty...
But a church group ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:57 AM

5,164 posts, read 6,950,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
They would have been called racists.

Anyone who disagreed with Barack HUSSEIN Obama was tabbed a racist.
What's up with the all-caps on his middle name? Kind of shooting yourself in the foot there.....

Old 07-27-2018, 10:07 AM

4,131 posts, read 1,664,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
What's up with the all-caps on his middle name? Kind of shooting yourself in the foot there.....
Just another conservative

Old 07-27-2018, 11:09 AM

644 posts, read 164,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
If his mother thought it was so important to give her son a Muslim name, the least I can do is put it in all CAPS.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:12 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,168,529 times
Quote:
If his mother thought it was so important to give her son a Muslim name, the least I can do is put it in all CAPS.
There is no such thing as a "Muslim name".

Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 AM

5,164 posts, read 6,950,816 times
Quote:
That would because he was named after his father, who was a Christian who married a Jew, and later decided to be atheist. Your bigotry is showing. BTW I'm a Muslim, do you want to tell me how evil and unAmerican I am?

Old 07-27-2018, 12:19 PM

4,720 posts, read 1,837,220 times
Who would have thought; the day would come that we'd be obsessing over the choice of a person's names in America?

Why would we want people in this country to have freedoms, such as freedom of choice over names? That's just awful! It's far better to sit in judgment over others, and throw stones at every not exactly like us. We're the only REAL Americans. Every one else be damned to hell!

Old 07-27-2018, 12:32 PM

20,639 posts, read 38,512,402 times
Let's bring this thread back to finding a church in COLO SPGS....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:59 PM

18,116 posts, read 22,529,984 times
It is fairly easy for a person who supports Trump to find a church full of likeminded people. Really, any Evangelical, Non Denominational, Mega Church will do. The seeker just needs to find one that they like.

There are also some denominations that are *reliably* "pro-Trump" - The Southern Baptist Convention, The Assembly of God, The Church of the Nazarene, and the Christian and Missionary alliance, have all, for the past 30 years, taken a Republican stance, even handing out "voting guides" in church, in effort to encourage their members to vote for conservative candidates.

For a Trump supporter, finding a church in a new city, is not that difficult. Human beings generally want to be with likeminded people - when possible. You can't choose your neighbors, your relatives or your co-workers, but you can choose your church.

This entire issue is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT for people who do not support Donald Trump.

While the clergy of certain denominations tend to disagree with Trump's policies and actions, that is NO GUARENTEE that the congregants will agree.

Progressive churches are accepting, by definition. If anything, Pastors of mainline denominations bend over backwards to make the "MAGA" crowd feel comfortable.

The thing is, the "MAGA" people are not quiet about their beliefs. When Obama was president, they spoke, at church, during coffee hour HORRIBLY and without MERCY about "The Muslim president" "the Kenyan". And not only in conservative churches - in my church.

Now that Trump is president, they are not shy about praising him. When I go to church, the last thing I want to hear about is Donald Trump. In fact, I NEVER discuss politics in church.

There are denominations that were mentioned that should be "safe places" for people disgusted by Trump's behavior. The DENOMINATIONS ARE. But each church is different.

Which is why I provided the OP with a list of progressive churches. Denominations on the "anti-Trump side" are not always a reliable indicator of the values of the members.

The church I recommended, was Disciples of Christ. However, not all DOC churches are that open minded or repulsed by Trump's words.

Other denominations that *should* take issue with Trump are -

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
The Episcopal Church
The Presbyterian Church USA
The United Church of Christ
*Many* United Methodist Churches
The American Baptist Church.

ALL Unitarian Universalist Churches - however, they are not technically Christian.

I feel for the OP, because I am going through the same thing in my own life right now.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:18 PM

18,116 posts, read 22,529,984 times
If I lived in CS, I'd attend this church - https://gracelutherancos.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or