U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 04:35 PM

17 posts, read 11,071 times

Advertisements

I am a medicare Kaiser advantage member. Obviously, I can only speak from my own experience...

In July if 2017 I was involved in a single vehicle motor cycle crash. The ambulance took me to Penrose St. Francis emergency. I was admitted for 5 days 3 of which was in intensive care. I broke my collar bone, 5 ribs, and my shoulder blade in 3 places. There was no surgery nor were any bones set or put in a cast. The total bill was $53,000 and change. The only issue I had was that the emergency room failed to notify the hospital that I had insurance. It took a month or 2 and many phone calls to straighten out but it was resolved. When everything was said and done my portion was $1100.

I have had Kaiser for 5 years now, In addition to the cycle accident I had nasal balloon nose surgery in 2014 ( This was done Memorial hospital ) No problems with this either.

I also have sleep apnea and have had 2 visits to the sleep clinic. In addition to helping me with mask selection ( honestly I got mare help at Apria ) I was given a new Resmed Air Sense 10 apap machine.

I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences but so far my experience has been, for the most part, very positive.

Hopefully, this will provide some balance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 07:00 AM

13,721 posts, read 11,309,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
I had a stay at Penrose last year. My supplemental insurance is United Healthcare.
They have a lot of plans, one associated with AARP. But since things change every year, so you may want to check out their website for current information.
Thanks, I switched and it will start Jan 1...yay.
You all have been very helpful!

Old 01-15-2019, 08:10 PM

572 posts, read 1,249,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
I had a stay at Penrose last year. My supplemental insurance is United Healthcare. They have a lot of plans, one associated with AARP. But since things change every year, so you may want to check out their website for current information.
I have United Health Care thru AARP and it is an advantage plan---secure horizons plan 2. We have had this for two years and I love it. We go to Penrose and have had no issues with insurance. Have to stay in network but the network here covers most practitioners etc. Their are copays but they are reasonable.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:47 AM

4,565 posts, read 4,610,162 times
Default Kaiser's newest layoffs

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...b-44df2ffe2a37

" Kaiser Permanente Colorado announced Wednesday it has initiated a new round of layoffs, a sign the non-profit’s attempt to escape years of financial losses is continuing.

Close to 200 Kaiser employees have been notified within the last week.

The Colorado health plan’s leadership, in late 2018, publicly chastised rising hospital costs for its financial woes. Losses stretched into eight figures between 2015 and 2017.

Kaiser employs more than 8,000 workers – more than 1,000 of whom are doctors.

Amy Whited, a spokesperson for Kaiser, said Wednesday in a statement sent to 9NEWS: “The reductions will not impact the high quality of care and service we provide our members.”

“We value all of our employees and their service to our organization and we never take decisions like this lightly," the statement said.

"We are committed to following our obligations to all impacted employees who are part of our workforce. In addition, we are providing tools and assistance to employees who are affected by these changes, to help them find other employment, as well as severance payments and other benefits.”

Kaiser announced a similarly sized round of layoffs in November."

We've now switched to Medicare with a supplemental plan G from United Health.

That has greatly reduced our anxiety wrt Kaiser denying tests that the doctor needs to do a proper diagnosis.

Caveat Emptor.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 PM

785 posts, read 408,286 times
Didn’t Kaiser just open a new facility in Pueblo?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Didn’t Kaiser just open a new facility in Pueblo?
If they did, that's nice...they did a great job at their place in Denver to smash kidney
stones for a friend.

I wanted something I can walk to...like Penrose...so I switched to United Health Care....so happy.
And a knee replacement and Rehab all done within 2 miles of my home on my sister...by the BESTEST
MD...Eric Jepson.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnodak View Post
I have United Health Care thru AARP and it is an advantage plan---secure horizons plan 2. We have had this for two years and I love it. We go to Penrose and have had no issues with insurance. Have to stay in network but the network here covers most practitioners etc. Their are copays but they are reasonable.
Yes...me too, now.
I asked UHC if I had to be a member of AARP...they told me
"No, we just bought the name to use.''
So I have UHC, but not 'through' AARP...I don't think they just 'tell you that'...
but, I got along really well with the rep on the phone.
Not a secret, but they don't just tell people, I gather.

Old Today, 05:09 AM

4,565 posts, read 4,610,162 times
Default Southern Colorado Layoffs

Kaiser Permanente lays off 200 Colorado employees

https://gazette.com/business/kaiser-...ad0c7d0ed.html

"Kaiser Permanente Colorado notified two of its more than 150 southern Colorado employees Feb. 1 that they will be laid off as part of a statewide reduction of 200 of its 7,000 workers in the state.

Kaiser said by email that it "regularly evaluates how we operate and we make necessary adjustments to remain competitive in an increasingly challenging market." The nonprofit said it "made changes in our organizational structure that will result in the elimination of some staff positions."

One employee was laid off immediately; the other will work through March. Laid-off employees will get help finding new jobs, severance payments and other benefits, the statement said."

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs