U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 12:12 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,734,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Says who? We need all postings to be as accurate as possible.

Realtor.com shows 431 3BR/2BA SFHs all over town from $300k-$350k and most are nice.
...and judging from the pictures, the lack of leaves and presence of snow would tell me that a bunch of those have been added in the last few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 10:10 AM

690 posts, read 361,994 times
Quote:
Says who? We need all postings to be as accurate as possible.

Realtor.com shows 431 3BR/2BA SFHs all over town from $300k-$350k and most are nice.
accurate? Its my opinion of nice isn't it? I may have higher expectations than you.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:30 PM

20,417 posts, read 38,029,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
accurate? Its my opinion of nice isn't it? I may have higher expectations than you.
Not really. It's the OPs target price and we're here to help the OP find the best choice in that range. You may start a thread about what constitutes a 'nice' house. The OP is after $350k max, so let's focus on what can be had for $350k (which is a lot) and if you can't help within that context then you should refrain from adding to this thread. For most of the homes on the list I posted I'm sure most people would consider them nice.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:49 PM

944 posts, read 1,047,435 times
Quote:
Not really. It's the OPs target price and we're here to help the OP find the best choice in that range. You may start a thread about what constitutes a 'nice' house. The OP is after $350k max, so let's focus on what can be had for $350k (which is a lot) and if you can't help within that context then you should refrain from adding to this thread. For most of the homes on the list I posted I'm sure most people would consider them nice.
Most of them looked pretty nice to me, but then I don't need to live in a brand-new 10,000 sq. ft. McMansion, or a gated community, or anything that remotely resembles overkill ... which in my opinion is what most people seem to be looking for these days.

I get a kick out of some of the shows on HGTV, where people looking for a home look at a 1,000 sq. ft. kitchen and complain about how small it is and that it will have to be remodeled to enlarge it.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:35 PM

623 posts, read 334,059 times
There are tons of options under $350k.

No, you won't get a walk out basement with a three car garage in the best area, but there are plenty of decent options, in decent neighborhoods. Many of the homes have modern finishings and at least 3/2.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:07 PM

28 posts, read 12,882 times
Quote:
Thank you Mike, and youíre right, some dudes need to just refrain from replying cause itís the holidays and I donít need depressing people.

Youíve been a wonderful help! Thank you!

Old 11-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Here's one in your zip code and in your price range, looks very good.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:16 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,780,734 times
Quote:
Here's one in your zip code and in your price range, looks very good.
Hi Mike! Where are you from back east? Did you move to Colorado from the east coast? If so did you have any problems adjusting to the elevation?

Iím actually surprised these newer homes are building on Smaller lots? Or is 6000 not considered small there?
To keep the traffic & population better controlled I wish they would build on much larger lots. Especially for 300,000 & up.

Oh well. I hope Colorado Springs doesnít end up overcrowded

Happy thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Hi Mike! Where are you from back east? Did you move to Colorado from the east coast? If so did you have any problems adjusting to the elevation?

Iím actually surprised these newer homes are building on Smaller lots? Or is 6000 not considered small there?
To keep the traffic & population better controlled I wish they would build on much larger lots. Especially for 300,000 & up.

Happy thanksgiving
Originally from Charm City, Crab Alley, Balmer, aka Baltimore. Left the DC area in 2005 at age 57 and had no problem with the 6800 foot elevation at our home up off of Powers Blvd in the Pine Creek area. Left there in 2016 to get a lower elevation for sake of breathing better.

Lots are small all over today, maximizes land use, minimize miles of pipes and wiring. In COLO the issue is that water is in short supply and since it costs a lot there's no sense spending a couple hundreds dollars a month to water a bunch of grass that isn't even native to the area.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 PM

623 posts, read 334,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post

Happy thanksgiving
6000 is large here for new homes.

Average is 4500-5500 it seems for anything after 1990, unless you go to a community that specializes in large lots, and they do have those. When we bought a house with a 5500 sq. ft lot, it was marketed as, "big," and the second biggest lot size available in the community under corner lots.

Older regular homes, prior to 1980/90 will often have much larger lots than the though. 10,000 to 12,000 sq. ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or