U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 01:51 PM

483 posts, read 199,707 times

Advertisements

Robbery at gunpoint.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/two...mwH_NhlScHzOyM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 01:54 PM

3,874 posts, read 1,501,319 times
Yea thats weird one about four years ago I was at the stratton open space near gold camp road and parked in the bottom lot in the morning and I came back to find my cars window smashed and someone had obviously rummaged through it. That was the only time I have ever been a victim of a crime in the Springs.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:40 PM

939 posts, read 1,040,951 times
That's bad.

I'm wondering why the people who were robbed where there so late at night ... unless 10:00 pm is a typo. I wouldn't want to be anywhere on that road at that hour.

ETA: Well ... I guess it doesn't matter why the late hour. There are just certain areas I personally wouldn't feel safe at that hour, and Gold Camp is one of them, because I've heard that area was/is used for various types of criminal activity.

Last edited by mtngigi; 11-14-2018 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 11-14-2018, 05:59 PM

20,378 posts, read 37,934,905 times
Wasn't there a story in the paper a few years ago that this stretch of road was where gay guys went to hook up? That might account for people being up there late at night, but why not just hang out at a certain bar?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Wasn't there a story in the paper a few years ago that this stretch of road was where gay guys went to hook up? That might account for people being up there late at night, but why not just hang out at a certain bar?
If I had to guess they are likely going up there to do drugs or throw back some beers.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:09 PM

373 posts, read 175,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That is possible since the old hook up spots ( the rest centers on I25 between Castle Rock and Greenland) were shut down by the state a few years back.

That is a long way for a tryst!

Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM

2,702 posts, read 1,704,334 times
Gold Camp and Old Stage have been party locales for kids for the over 40 years. As Gen Z kids tends to be less about large group parties and alcohol, it would not surprise me if the area has evolved into a gay hook up area. The mesa area in Palmer Park once had this reputation before auto access was eliminated. The area north of UCCS and south of Pulpit Rock had this reputation at one time as well. For the more refined, they would rent a room by the hour at the Pink Panther motel. All of that has been replaced by UCCS and the University Village Center and much improved the area overall.

So, is the original post about a 2nd robbery in the exact same place or a retelling of the previous robbery? Two robberies done the same way, in the same place, a week apart? I think their SOP is obvious.

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

Can we start calling Gen Z folks "Zoomers"!

Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM

483 posts, read 199,707 times
I had always heard about Palmer Park's reputation. Kinda creeped me out so we avoided it.

Old Today, 12:13 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,704,334 times
Reputations can be overblown. Palmer Park is a great place with a range of amenities and is a much better place than some others parks here in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or