U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:42 AM

128 posts, read 28,168 times

Advertisements

Should we start telling folks to stay where they are and not come to Colorado Springs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 11:04 AM

396 posts, read 189,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAngus View Post
Should we start telling folks to stay where they are and not come to Colorado Springs?
GREAT IDEA but that is something the moderators would probably ban you for- or they would at least remove those posts if they see them (!).

Old 11-20-2018, 11:39 AM

948 posts, read 1,050,809 times
Sometimes you want to learn more about someone out of a desire to better help them, sometimes it's simple curiosity about fellow posters, sometimes I'm curious when I read a post from a fellow New Englander. There's nothing scary or weird about it ... at all.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:57 AM

948 posts, read 1,050,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAngus View Post
We could try ... but ya know, this is America - where along with the buffalo, antelope and deer, we're allowed to play and roam freely.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:48 PM

45 posts, read 21,879 times
If you want a small town feel, pass on Colorado Springs. WAY to many people here. May have been nice years ago, but now its wall to wall people, unless you can afford a home cost of 600K or more, you'll be staring into the house next door and cant go far without 6 lane roads. We're leaving for that reason. Homes are to much for what you get, and way to many people here.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:00 PM

20,441 posts, read 38,081,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmydogs View Post
If you want a small town feel, pass on Colorado Springs. WAY to many people here. May have been nice years ago, but now its wall to wall people, unless you can afford a home cost of 600K or more, you'll be staring into the house next door and cant go far without 6 lane roads. We're leaving for that reason. Homes are to much for what you get, and way to many people here.
But these reasons you are leaving are far worse up the road in Denver where prices are way higher and with 3M people in Denver metro area the 'wall to wall' people aspect is enough to dwarf COLO SPGS at 400k people.

One may still get a very nice home in COLO SPGS for $350k.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:43 PM

45 posts, read 21,879 times
Depends on what you call "nice". I don't think staring into neighbors houses because there so close is worth 350K and most of the homes for 350k are on postage stamp lots and usually have to be upated. I'm from back east too and I'd have never thought you could get more for your money back east, BUT YOU SURE CAN, that's where I'm headed as soon as winter is done.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:49 PM

703 posts, read 367,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmydogs View Post
Depends on what you call "nice". I don't think staring into neighbors houses because there so close is worth 350K and most of the homes for 350k are on postage stamp lots and usually have to be upated. I'm from back east too and I'd have never thought you could get more for your money back east, BUT YOU SURE CAN, that's where I'm headed as soon as winter is done.
Whoa, I caught hell for saying that a few weeks ago.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:11 PM

20,441 posts, read 38,081,444 times
Just about anything being built today is on a very small lot. It is what it is. The homes are nice.

One may get a nice home in COLO SPGS for $350k, but as always the definition of nice is up to the reader and that's fine. What I and others object to are patent remarks that there's "nothing" nice in COLO SPGS for $350k; such remarks are patently wrong. For a ton of our readers, many of the $350k homes in COLO SPGS are most definitely nice. Broad-brushed bashing of people or locations will get people in hot water per the TOS, and per many other readers.

I had a home on a lot of 10k sq ft but building lots are now down to the 6k sq ft size these days. Still, I opted to not have two windows in the bedroom as they were ~20 feet from the home next door. Why pay $600 per window, plus that much more in window treatments, to look out of a side window and see the side of another home. Unless one moves to a truly large lot they'll be close to a home next door. It's everywhere these days, not just COLO SPGS, so bashing COLO SPGS for what's now a normal industry standard is bogus and/or snobbery. And it will get you called out by many readers on this site.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:05 AM

4,435 posts, read 4,472,523 times
Either you like a large lot or you don't.

The main benefit of a large lot is isolation from neighbors.

Because lots used to be larger, perhaps finding a 25 year old home and re-doing the interior to current decorating tasted would be a good option for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or