U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:44 PM

45 posts, read 21,879 times

Advertisements

You are absolutely right orngkat, it's all personal preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 09:36 AM

2,771 posts, read 1,755,659 times
Seems like we may have scared off the OP with all our nit picking and bickering. With the recent Centura Health announcement and the expansion of UC Health facilities, I'd think healthcare employment in the area is only on the rise and will continue to do so for some time to come.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:19 PM

702 posts, read 367,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmydogs View Post
Well Mike you go from one extreme to another. I never compared CS to the BIG cities, I simply said it NOT a small town. If you can find any listings for a nice house for 350k on 5 acres please don't hesitate to send it to me. I think my standard of "nice" may turn out to be higher than yours. Maybe that's the problem. Funny how people who live in one town so many years think it is so great, that others who may have more to compare it to do not. Amazing how one opinion shakes everyone up so much. And one wrong word in someone's opinion or something you don't agree with is wrong with no questions asked of what one means. Sad enough this country has gotten that way, but to see it in a forum is very disappointing. The good old days are certainly gone for good.
Well said. These forums are often populated by small groups that arenít fond of other opinions.
(Btw, this will get deleted for being off topic.)

Old 12-04-2018, 03:48 PM

45 posts, read 21,879 times
Thanks Dr Dog, I appreciate it.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:00 PM

373 posts, read 321,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Well said. These forums are often populated by small groups that arenít fond of other opinions.
You should try the California forum. Talk about bickering and angry (although most of that is stimulated by a few bitter posters). I feel like I need a shower after reading through that mess. Only so much anger and judgemental attitude you can take.

And as an observation, Iíve found that the boards with the most liberal posters (ie california) tend to be the most negative. This board is actually quite pleasant to read, and you guys tend to be downright helpful and positive to each other. In reading the forums of a variety of regions on here there seems to be a direct correlation in type of population to online negativity.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 AM

2,871 posts, read 7,141,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmydogs View Post
Depends on what you call "nice". I don't think staring into neighbors houses because there so close is worth 350K and most of the homes for 350k are on postage stamp lots and usually have to be upated. I'm from back east too and I'd have never thought you could get more for your money back east, BUT YOU SURE CAN, that's where I'm headed as soon as winter is done.
Of course you can get more for your money back east, hell in Ohio you can buy a house for less than a used BMW, but it sure as heck isn't because people want to live there.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:44 AM

710 posts, read 427,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms K View Post
Are is the job market in health care?
Anything fun to do out there for kids and families?
What areas to move to?
Is this city worth moving to?
How's the weather out there?
Are the people snobby? Because no one does not have tine for that b/s!!!

Just considering my options. Thinking about moving there next year. I heard good and so-so things about this area. Please let me know. Positive inputs please!! Thanks.
Anything fun to do out there for kids and families?
oh yeah tons! esp if they are outdoorsy

What areas to move to?
Powers is a nice area, but anything north COS is all nice, less traffic as well. A little more costly though

Is this city worth moving to?
Depends on your interest. For me it was though due to my passion being motorsports. Bunch of OHV trails. However I probably wont retire here. Maybe in a desert place like Arizona, New Mexico. I never had any intentions of moving here. I was just recruited out of college and im not going to say no on a good paying job.

How's the weather out there?
bipolar. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold. Sometimes it wont snow for amonth, sometimes it will snow the next day and be 60 degrees the following.

Are the people snobby? Because no one does not have tine for that b/s!!!
When I first moved here, not at all. But now seeing more and more of this as people continue to flock here.

Old Today, 11:24 AM

13,782 posts, read 21,686,424 times
Quote:
Lol, are you stalking the op?
Following all of the numerous three posts of the newbie OP is big league stalking.

Quote:
Well said. These forums are often populated by small groups that aren’t fond of other opinions.
You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Jobs
Colorado Springs job market among nation's best right now

Fun things for kids
Awesome things to do with kids in Colorado Springs

Areas to move to
Looking for neighborhoods in September 2018

Worth moving to
Colorado Springs No. 1 most desirable place to live, survey shows

Weather
Possible move from Florida.

People
Pleasent people

Bonus input on negatives
Colorado Springs - The Negatives .

Your post is a bit brief and asking for some wide sweeping generalizations. Since we have no clue about you, giving us more details around your want to have, must have, wont tolerate as well as preferred activities, expectations, where you are coming from can give us a better chance of helping you know if this would work well for your family as well as give you some compare/contrast to where you are coming from. Half the people in Cos in particular and CO in general are from somewhere else. Odds are pretty good someone can give you a pretty direct comparison.
Reasonable informative post.

Old Today, 08:37 PM

702 posts, read 367,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Following all of the numerous three posts of the newbie OP is big league stalking.

You will be missed.

Reasonable informative post.
Completely non informative post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or