Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,511 times

Advertisements

Are is the job market in health care?
Anything fun to do out there for kids and families?
What areas to move to?
Is this city worth moving to?
How's the weather out there?
Are the people snobby? Because no one does not have tine for that b/s!!!

Just considering my options. Thinking about moving there next year. I heard good and so-so things about this area. Please let me know. Positive inputs please!! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 09:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Four large hospitals, should be plenty of jobs.
Tons of stuff for kids and adults to do, year round.
I favor the far north end, Briargate area and Powers Blvd corridor north of Woodmen Rd.
Yes, worth living there, housing a lot cheaper than Denver and traffic is far less.
Weather is often changeable, not lead grey all winter. Windy some days, snow melts fast. Low rain, few bugs.
Lived there 11 years, and not any more snobby than most areas.

Look at this recent thread for more info.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-16-2018 at 09:31 PM..

Old 11-17-2018, 08:44 AM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
If you want info on Colorado Springs, read through the sticky post from Mike.
Brand new Children’s Hospital to be completed within the next 6 months.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms K View Post
Are is the job market in health care?
Anything fun to do out there for kids and families?
What areas to move to?
Is this city worth moving to?
How's the weather out there?
Are the people snobby? Because no one does not have tine for that b/s!!!

Just considering my options. Thinking about moving there next year. I heard good and so-so things about this area. Please let me know. Positive inputs please!! Thanks.
Jobs
Colorado Springs job market among nation's best right now

Fun things for kids
Awesome things to do with kids in Colorado Springs

Areas to move to
Looking for neighborhoods in September 2018

Worth moving to
Colorado Springs No. 1 most desirable place to live, survey shows

Weather
Possible move from Florida.

People
Pleasent people

Bonus input on negatives
Colorado Springs - The Negatives .

Your post is a bit brief and asking for some wide sweeping generalizations. Since we have no clue about you, giving us more details around your want to have, must have, wont tolerate as well as preferred activities, expectations, where you are coming from can give us a better chance of helping you know if this would work well for your family as well as give you some compare/contrast to where you are coming from. Half the people in Cos in particular and CO in general are from somewhere else. Odds are pretty good someone can give you a pretty direct comparison.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:10 PM

670 posts, read 1,053,107 times
OP you posted this exact same post in the Reno Nevada forum (which is a very different place than Colorado Springs). My advice is take the iniative and do some research on both forums, there is a wealth of information on City Data using the search forum feature. Once you have done that and have more specific questions about an area it will be much easier for members to help you.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySkiesAbove View Post
OP you posted this exact same post in the Reno Nevada forum (which is a very different place than Colorado Springs). My advice is take the iniative and do some research on both forums, there is a wealth of information on City Data using the search forum feature. Once you have done that and have more specific questions about an area it will be much easier for members to help you.
Lol, are you stalking the op?

Old 11-17-2018, 08:19 PM

670 posts, read 1,053,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Lol no, my nephew moved to Reno so I read their forum out of curiosity

Old 11-18-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
IMO, Looking at previous posts or locations of posters to better provide them info on their request hardly qualifies as stalking.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
IMO, Looking at previous posts or locations of posters to better provide them info on their request hardly qualifies as stalking.

It’s a little weird if its intentional. You scare me a little. Lol

Old 11-20-2018, 07:12 AM

Yes, its intentional to better understand what they may be looking for in their answers. There is a public profile available to us on nearly everyone here unless one makes an effort to privatize it. Is there a need to look at everyone that posts? No, as some people are very good at explaining what they want and why they want it as well as some things they are willing to compromise on.

I've noticed that often when a new poster comes on with single digit entries asking a broad set of questions in numerous forums, they do not always repeat the same criteria, nor disclose the same information in all their posts. Looking at a profile can give us a better sense of what may be driving their questions or give insight into aspects of their search they neglected to mention in a single post but they included in another.

IMO, it is simply a means to provide better problem solving by a better understanding of the need. If that creeps you out, I'm not sure what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs