Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 09:29 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam84 View Post
A flying saucer that hovers over the city and zaps bad drivers (tailgaters, speeders, lane changers) all the way to Kansas.
The funny thing about this one, though, is some of the people who are waiting for others to be zapped would find themselves zapped instead!

Oh and my dad still mourns Red Top also. It is so sad the children ran that business into the ground - there was definitely strong consumer support for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 11:40 AM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
i would like to see more police officers patrolling neighborhoods at night keeping an eye for those scums breaking into cars

The only survey I can find indicates that police staffing tends to be lowest from about 2-6 am. That might be alright. I don't know the true need level. I might increase it though as preventative and to catch more activity. I dunno if 6am to noon deserves as much staffing as it gets, but maybe. I guess late afternoon to early evening having the highest staffing is probably alright.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,399,080 times
One of the things that would help is to close the 24 hr convenience stores from midnight on. Seems like they get hit every few days when addicts need a little cash. Easy pickings. Surely, profits in the middle of the night can't outweigh the potential of being robbed and having employees hurt or killed. It is one of many things I don't get about this city.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:26 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
One of the things that would help is to close the 24 hr convenience stores from midnight on. Seems like they get hit every few days when addicts need a little cash. Easy pickings. Surely, profits in the middle of the night can't outweigh the potential of being robbed and having employees hurt or killed. It is one of many things I don't get about this city.
Large corporations could care less about there employees getting hurt or killed especially if those employees are easily replaceable.They have no incentive to close early.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:57 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
I don't want to see them close for the sake of those who legitimately need them - shift workers, people needing something for a sick kid at 2 a.m., etc. No need to let the bad guys take away our options....

Old 12-28-2018, 11:13 AM

472 posts, read 348,027 times
Improve roads, build a loop freeway around town, fix stop light sequence timing. It seems like whenever there is traffic one or two cars get to go on side streets and lights are still red when no cars are moving, yet there is traffic back up at least 4 blocks. Bring in more high paying jobs.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:03 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Shut down Drake and replace it with a solar farm to the east.
I remember moving to the Springs in 1980 and being horrified that the pollution belching coal eater was downtown.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:53 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
Improve roads, build a loop freeway around town, fix stop light sequence timing. It seems like whenever there is traffic one or two cars get to go on side streets and lights are still red when no cars are moving, yet there is traffic back up at least 4 blocks. Bring in more high paying jobs.
I always wonder about where people who complain about traffic here have lived. This is the least congested traffic of anywhere I’ve ever lived.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:11 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,399,080 times
It is not congested at all by comparison to other places, but there is so little traffic law enforcement here that many drivers have no regard for speed limits, stop signs or general rules of the road. Just today, I noticed drivers going 20 miles over posted speed limit on Austin Bluffs, weaving in and out - that sort of behavior endangers us all.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:09 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Shut down Drake and replace it with a solar farm to the east.
I remember moving to the Springs in 1980 and being horrified that the pollution belching coal eater was downtown.
I wonder why the people in "hip" Denver are not trying to tear down the power plant near Mile High Stadium next to I-25.

It must be affecting someone's "special" views (!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs