U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM

2,826 posts, read 1,808,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Of course it is subpar to CSU- they're not even close institution-wise. One is a flagship university in a system, the other is the third-rate school of another system. Though, UCCS is probably at the top of "the rest" of the schools in the state.

1)CU/Mines
2) CSU
3) UCD
4) UNC
5) UCCS/CMU
6) The rest.....

...then...

...bottom of the dung heap) CSU-Pweeblo
Interesting choices. Several sources I've seen intermingle Regis (the campus in Denver, not the satellites), Colorado College, and the USAFA with some of the ones on that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 PM

888 posts, read 941,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Interesting choices. Several sources I've seen intermingle Regis (the campus in Denver, not the satellites), Colorado College, and the USAFA with some of the ones on that list.
I was only listing state schools- so none of the private schools or that institution for cadidiots is on there.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM

20,514 posts, read 38,226,665 times
Quote:
cadidiots
???
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:25 PM

428 posts, read 202,350 times
cadidiots?

Maybe people that do CAD-type work?

That would probably be Colorado Tech, maybe not.

Not sure why they would be idiots though- they do pretty good salary wise!

Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM

218 posts, read 636,776 times
[quote=Sonic_Spork;54046887]Completely ridiculous wish: That we not only had easy access to the beautiful mountains, but also the ocean and warm beaches. (Sorry...I just miss the Carolina beaches I grew up going to.)

2. If not that, or in addition to that, I wish the public high schools taught driver's ed. I don't know if any of them do in this area, but Widefield didn't, nor did Coronado. When I was a kid, it was taught to high schoolers. Did that change nationwide or was it not ever a thing here? I don't know.

I like this one too. I had Driver's Ed in school, the whole process seemed smoother. I'm working on the learner's permit now with my teen.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:52 PM

[quote=kristie73;54103392]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Completely ridiculous wish: That we not only had easy access to the beautiful mountains, but also the ocean and warm beaches. (Sorry...I just miss the Carolina beaches I grew up going to.)

2. If not that, or in addition to that, I wish the public high schools taught driver's ed. I don't know if any of them do in this area, but Widefield didn't, nor did Coronado. When I was a kid, it was taught to high schoolers. Did that change nationwide or was it not ever a thing here? I don't know.

I like this one too. I had Driver's Ed in school, the whole process seemed smoother. I'm working on the learner's permit now with my teen.
Most school districts got rid of Drivers Ed due to the lawsuit-crazy citizens of this country and also insurance liability costs.

If Junior got into an accident on school grounds during training guess who the parents will blame? (and it is NOT Junior).

I had the training way back in HS in '79 and loved the classroom part where they showed those Ohio State Patrol crash movies (!).

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

888 posts, read 941,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
cadidiots?

Maybe people that do CAD-type work?

That would probably be Colorado Tech, maybe not.

Not sure why they would be idiots though- they do pretty good salary wise!
Cadidiots= A detrimental term for service academy or ROTC cadets bestowed upon them whenever they venture forth from the confines of the academy/campus and interact with other servicemembers in a post-school environment such as when they do their Summer Training (i.e. Air Assualt or Airborne School). Because everything and anything in the military needs to be demeaned in the meanest sense.

You've never heard the term?

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

5,104 posts, read 6,842,963 times
Quote:
Cadidiots= A detrimental term for service academy or ROTC cadets bestowed upon them whenever they venture forth from the confines of the academy/campus and interact with other servicemembers in a post-school environment such as when they do their Summer Training (i.e. Air Assualt or Airborne School). Because everything and anything in the military needs to be demeaned in the meanest sense.

Nope, never heard it.

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Quote:

No- and I was in the USAF for 8 years.

Makes sense I guess! I use to laugh at the recent academy graduates (Butter Bars a.k.a. 2nd Lt.'s) that would tell a Chief Msgt. (E9) how to "do things" because they were officers and graduated from the USAFA.

Those new Butter Bars learned quickly that even though they were officers they do NOT mess with the Chiefs (!).

Old Today, 09:08 AM

2,826 posts, read 1,808,632 times
Heard of butter bars. Never heard of cadidiots, but can understand the relevance of the title.

Growing up here, AFA cadets were always called zoomies, and Ft Carson soldiers were doggies. In those days, the latest models of Corvette could always be found in the AFA upperclassmen parking lot. Meanwhile, Ft Carson tended to have a large population of ten year old, clapped out muscle cars with big fat tires and air shocks. Those titles disappeared sometime in the late 80s when the city had a big population jump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or