Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:53 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,003 times

Advertisements

You can access Rampart Range Rd. from Garden of the Gods (near Balanced Rock) .... but sometimes that's a knuckle-clenching drive. Haven't been for awhile, but that road was washed out bad the last time I was on it. I have no idea what kind of shape it's in now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
It was in really good shape the last time I was on it - which was a few years after all the flooding closed everything for awhile.
Another Front Range access point for Rampart Range Rd. is off of Tomah Rd. in the Greenland/Larkspur area. Hidden Valley Rd. to Bergen Park Rd. It comes out right near the Devil's Head Fire Tower.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:27 AM

924 posts, read 1,021,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Agree with most of the stuff already mentioned, which are things already planned, just not funded.
Would like to see better funded police department.
Maybe build the Powers overpass at Research, and continue Powers north to the 25.
Tear down the power plant.
i would like to see more police officers patrolling neighborhoods at night keeping an eye for those scums breaking into cars

Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 AM

924 posts, read 1,021,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
You can access Rampart Range Rd. from Garden of the Gods (near Balanced Rock) .... but sometimes that's a knuckle-clenching drive. Haven't been for awhile, but that road was washed out bad the last time I was on it. I have no idea what kind of shape it's in now.
its def smoothed out now. been on it a few times on my motorcycle. havent seen any washouts...at least garden of the gods to woodland park side

Old 12-18-2018, 04:05 PM

224 posts, read 732,707 times
I can't name just one thing.

1. I'd like to see a state park lake camping recreation area like Chatfiled and Cherry Creek.
  2. I'd like a concert venue, amphitheater like Red Rocks where big named bands play, not just in Denver. I know World Arena and Pikes Peak Center gets some, but not enough.
  3. I wish it was not so windy. There are many days where the weather would be really nice if the wind would just stop blowing.
  4. I wish the roads were kept up better, expand, widen lanes before the traffic get worse, and new businesses and homes are built.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:31 PM

930 posts, read 1,654,760 times
I would *LOVE!!!* to see a Trolley back downtown so I could hop on a trolley and go downtown/go up to University Village without getting in my car. A girl can dream

Old 12-19-2018, 07:52 PM

5,356 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
It was in really good shape the last time I was on it - which was a few years after all the flooding closed everything for awhile.
Another Front Range access point for Rampart Range Rd. is off of Tomah Rd. in the Greenland/Larkspur area. Hidden Valley Rd. to Bergen Park Rd. It comes out right near the Devil's Head Fire Tower.
You're right, there is these access points for a car, but you can't park near the bottom of Rampart Range road near Garden of the Gods or on Mt. Herman road and dirtbike up to the trails. It's the same thing with the Tomah Rd entrance near Castle Rock, you have to drive a ways up all the switchbacks up and over the first mountain before you can unload and ride. It'd be much nicer if there was parking on bottom and you could ride dirtbikes up to the trail system on back. It's almost like they try to keep riders out of the front range side... I get the Air Force Academy and why they wouldn't want tons of people right behind there but the rest of the front range is just houses with big lots.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:50 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristie73 View Post
I can't name just one thing.

1. I'd like to see a state park lake camping recreation area like Chatfiled and Cherry Creek.
  2. I'd like a concert venue, amphitheater like Red Rocks where big named bands play, not just in Denver. I know World Arena and Pikes Peak Center gets some, but not enough.
  3. I wish it was not so windy. There are many days where the weather would be really nice if the wind would just stop blowing.
  4. I wish the roads were kept up better, expand, widen lanes before the traffic get worse, and new businesses and homes are built.
RE bolded, about every generation that seems to come up. The problem is we have no major rivers to supply such an effort, no natural collection zones, and doing so would require pumping the water in and then dealing with the natural absorbtion and evaporation that the area is not naturally able to deal with too effectively. Back in the '80s the proposal was for this to happen on Banning Lewis property to support growth out there. As recently as this century the site had moved to the southeast in support of the Southern Delivery System. Still hasn't happened.
https://www.csbj.com/2009/05/08/sail...d-happen-soon/

Old 12-20-2018, 03:47 PM

224 posts, read 732,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
RE bolded, about every generation that seems to come up. The problem is we have no major rivers to supply such an effort, no natural collection zones, and doing so would require pumping the water in and then dealing with the natural absorbtion and evaporation that the area is not naturally able to deal with too effectively. Back in the '80s the proposal was for this to happen on Banning Lewis property to support growth out there. As recently as this century the site had moved to the southeast in support of the Southern Delivery System. Still hasn't happened.
https://www.csbj.com/2009/05/08/sail...d-happen-soon/

Oh interesting. I hadn't heard that. I thought both the ones in Denver are man made and I thought the Platte river would be the supply? Well maybe someday?

Old 12-23-2018, 07:34 PM

115 posts, read 101,658 times
Honestly fountain creek flows enough to create a decent sized reservoir, and would have been more flow if ft carson hadn't cut off the tributary. Catchment seems to be the largest issue, east to west would work if there was a water supply. It could possibly work in south Fountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs