Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:27 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times

Advertisements

Driver's Ed, along with wood shop, metal shop, drafting, electronics, home economics, etc, were all taught in high school previously. All of these programs were curtailed as education "evolved" and budgets became tighter and liability insurance went up. At one time, Driver's Ed was so advanced in D11 that they had driving simulators that were donated by Chrysler and it was an elective class that counted in your transcript. It eventually become a summer school only option for no creditand then eventually was dropped altogether

I've used Academy Driving School for my youngsters. It, as well as Master Drive, are very good programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 07:42 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
The problem with Academy Driving School and Master Drive, is that both of them (for the behind-the-wheel part) cost a lot more than I can afford. I got both of my sons through the written test and they got permits, but finding time to get them behind the wheel has been a challenge. The eternal challenge, time and money are both scarce resources. *shrug* C'est la vie.

I mean, the school I went to in Northern Virginia was no fancy school, in fact it wasn't in the best area at all, but they still managed to do driver's ed and do it well enough. I don't know if they still do though. Anyhow it's a wish. I wish it. Won't make it so, but there ya have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Move to L.A. ?
Did you seriously suggest this after I mentioned warm Carolina beaches? Dude. lol no.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:25 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
I would also like UCCS to grow and become the states top public university. Compared to CSU Fort Collins many of the amenities UCCS has are subpar.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:43 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I would also like UCCS to grow and become the states top public university. Compared to CSU Fort Collins many of the amenities UCCS has are subpar.
UCCS used to be a commuter school only until recently (no dorms) so they are making progress.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:30 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Of course it is subpar to CSU- they're not even close institution-wise. One is a flagship university in a system, the other is the third-rate school of another system. Though, UCCS is probably at the top of "the rest" of the schools in the state.

1)CU/Mines
2) CSU
3) UCD
4) UNC
5) UCCS/CMU
6) The rest.....

...then...

...bottom of the dung heap) CSU-Pweeblo

Old 01-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Of course it is subpar to CSU- they're not even close institution-wise. One is a flagship university in a system, the other is the third-rate school of another system. Though, UCCS is probably at the top of "the rest" of the schools in the state.

1)CU/Mines
2) CSU
3) UCD
4) UNC
5) UCCS/CMU
6) The rest.....

...then...

I agree with you but this thread is about what we wish could happen.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post

1)CU/Mines
2) CSU
3) UCD
4) UNC
5) UCCS/CMU
6) The rest.....

...then...

Below that would be The University of Phoenix (!)

Old 01-04-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Below that would be The University of Phoenix (!)
Oof those for profit colleges are really shady. They basically lie about the job prospects there graduates have all while fleecing them with outrageous tuition.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:53 PM

834 posts, read 744,402 times
So..I thought UCCS was just an offshoot of like CSU or CU? Like the CU Denver campus or something...

Old 01-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
So..I thought UCCS was just an offshoot of like CSU or CU? Like the CU Denver campus or something...
UCCS is EXACTLY like CU-Denver- nationally accredited with a great reputation (Like CU-Boulder).

Same university- different city is all (!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs