Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 12:24 PM

924 posts, read 1,021,424 times

Advertisements

This is more designed to be a fun thread! I guess I can start!

1.For me, the people who are coming here doing crime. Could be me, but constantly worried someone will break into my shed, or basement; although I have alarms and cameras, seems there have been an increase in murders in COS.

2.widen the road on powers to relieve the bumper to bumper traffic on the 2 lane roads; though I know that wont happen ha ha.

3.and maybe a big mall with a bunch of restaurants.

4.Oh yeah, maybe a mudding park too! for weekend fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Pie in the sky wish: Bring back all the technology manufacturing at equivalent adjusted pay rates. COS was considerably more diversified in people, pay ranges, neighborhoods, and civic projects back then. Or, diversify the economy here by a significant margin to allow that to happen again.

Wish based in somewhat in reality but may not get there in my lifetime; Complete the C4C, Citygate. south Nevada and north Nevada renewal projects to the full design goals then work in infill projects for southeast downtown and central/south Academy Blvd.

Wish that will never happen: light rail in city and interconnecting the Front Range.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:06 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Pie in the sky wish: Bring back all the technology manufacturing at equivalent adjusted pay rates. COS was considerably more diversified in people, pay ranges, neighborhoods, and civic projects back then. Or, diversify the economy here by a significant margin to allow that to happen again.

Wish based in somewhat in reality but may not get there in my lifetime; Complete the C4C, Citygate. south Nevada and north Nevada renewal projects to the full design goals then work in infill projects for southeast downtown and central/south Academy Blvd.

Wish that will never happen: light rail in city and interconnecting the Front Range.
Great ideas- we can dream!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM

75 posts, read 62,803 times
Light rail in Colorado Springs and interconnecting with the rest of the Front Range is a great idea.

On a more mundane level, I wish folks would just drive a little safer (i.e., slow down) on some of north-south arteries (Powers, Union, and Academy).

Old 12-12-2018, 02:23 PM

1,013 posts, read 978,067 times
Agree with most of the stuff already mentioned, which are things already planned, just not funded.
Would like to see better funded police department.
Maybe build the Powers overpass at Research, and continue Powers north to the 25.
Tear down the power plant.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Lose the undeserved reputation as a center for religious nuts.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Lose the undeserved reputation as a center for religious nuts.
Better yet, lose the religious nuts.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:24 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
1. Unobstructed view of the mountains no matter where you are
2. No more homelessness/lack of low income housing.
3. Free healthcare for everyone.
4. No more drought/fire disasters/global warming.
5. No crowded commutes anywhere in the city.
6. No addicts, no gangs, no thugs or thieves.
7. Really great and affordable public transportation.
8. Enough clean water to last forever and not fight over water rights.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:51 AM

46 posts, read 34,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Better yet, lose the religious nuts.
You sound like a real jerk.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle99 View Post
You sound like a real jerk.
You may be unaware or just not care about the undeserved reputation COLO SPGS got from the antics of James Dobson, Ted Haggard, Gordon Klingenschmitt and others who've notably impacted the reputation of COLO SPGS. Their nonsense caused the city to be viewed as America's evangelical Vatican. We've fought that stereotype for years in these forums and will for a long time. I really do wish the nutjobs among the faithful would go elsewhere and leave COLO SPGS to revert to its roots as the home of Fort Carson and Pikes Peak.

Best take on the religious extremists that I so deplore is found in this newspaper column.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-18-2020 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs