Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 PM

268 posts, read 1,129,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregabob View Post
I asked the real estate agent about the lack of A/C in houses I've looked at in the Peyton/Falcon area, and he said you don't need it! Cools down nicely at nite at the higher altitudes out east of the Springs.
HOAs do suck-been there, done that, no thank you. Never again will I live like that. Nobody's going to tell me what color to paint my house, or when to mow my lawn,or squawk about my collection of cars, trucks or plane parts. I'm going to live where there's nobody BUGGIN' ME. Look out Peyton.....Ellicott......Falcon.....Calhan.....
Remove the better part of Falcon from your list. Covenants are the HOAs here. Try way up in Black Forrest where the trees can hide the trash. I don't mind if you have car/truck/plane/boat/dinosaur parts, just keep them tidy and/or out of sight. I don't want to live next to Fred Sanford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal View Post
I don't want to live next to Fred Sanford.
(image not protected by copyright)

"...and the G stands for Get Out Of My House"

Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM

68 posts, read 255,012 times
At what temp. does it start feeling too hot in your house? I live in Las Vegas and I sure wish we didn't need AC. We run ours from mid-May to October. If you try to open the windows, there is no breeze. Being from San Diego it always cooled off at night so we'd open the windows. I have to say that 90 in San Diego is more uncomfortable than 105 in Vegas. We may get to move to COS next summer. Can't imagine life without AC. We keep our thermostat at 80 to 82 and have the ceiling fans going. I get cold if it goes below 80 and I have to wear a sweater even though it is 110 outside. But in San Diego 80 is hot inside a house and 73 is just perfect. So what feels to hot inside the house, there? I'm wondering if we should buy a house anyway with AC. Also it is dry here, but we don't get nose bleeds. Do you think it has anything to do with the altitude? Also, Do you think I'm going to freeze in the winter. I was born in Wyoming and lived there till I was 5. I lived in San Diego until I was 40 then we moved here. So, I hope I can handle the cold there.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
(image not protected by copyright)

"...and the G stands for Get Out Of My House"

LOL! I love Sanford & Son (but I wouldn't want to live next to them)

Old 07-18-2008, 07:39 PM

7 posts, read 49,121 times
In regards to AC, I've lived on the east coast where it's so humid and hot that AC was a necessity to make life bearable. CO doesn't get that hot but AC is a very nice option to have. Having windows open is nice for the fresh air but I think you'd need to be careful about possible crime and of course the pollen turns everything in your house green - yuck! Economy is going in the toilet and crime is on the rise even in COS so having windows open all the time concerns me. JMO.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 PM

52 posts, read 230,248 times
Hey guy's my A/C is working good

Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM

12 posts, read 42,117 times
I am so glad to have AC - - I prefer to be in control of the temp in my house. I wouldn't buy a house without it!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
This is supposedly about as hot as it gets in COS for days at a time. Really doesn't feel that bad. And it's only for a few days.

If you have a home with central A/C, great.

If you don't, is it worth it to you to spend $2000-$5000 to have it installed for maybe ten days a year?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,081,422 times
Like I said before, I have a roof mounted swamp....it isn't vented to one living room (don't know why). I have bought a portable AC on wheels for 300 dollars. I can take it to my shipping area (shop) out in my garage too.
Love it....freezes me out TG!! I didn't want a permanent window AC to spoil my views or a possible hook up to water. Just plug in and go!
I get grumpy when I'm hot...my husband was all for it!
I don't like to glisten all over the place when it's hot...totally makes me crazy!!

They also have them that go from AC to Heat...if one so desires.JFYI.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 AM

52 posts, read 230,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
Like I said before, I have a roof mounted swamp....it isn't vented to one living room (don't know why). I have bought a portable AC on wheels for 300 dollars. I can take it to my shipping area (shop) out in my garage too.
Love it....freezes me out TG!! I didn't want a permanent window AC to spoil my views or a possible hook up to water. Just plug in and go!
I get grumpy when I'm hot...my husband was all for it!
I don't like to glisten all over the place when it's hot...totally makes me crazy!!

They also have them that go from AC to Heat...if one so desires.JFYI.
I have a large window mount A/C unit I mounted in the wall for my garage. I mounted it out of site by the side gate just below the fence line. It's been keeping my 30X22' 3 car garage 72* on these 97+* days. I can't stand to work when it's hot, or cold. I also have a 60,000 BTU Dayton gas fired heater for the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs