U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:58 PM

3,511 posts, read 3,463,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
you'll get used to the nosebleeds eventually
To prevent nosebleeds and dry skin, try taking about 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil each day. It worked for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 05:34 PM

188 posts, read 814,070 times
Have been here eight months now and quite happy with the decision. No nosebleeds, not much trouble with the dryness or climate changes. But I will also say that I have spent significant periods of time here off and on over the last decade and knew pretty much what to expect. This is a good place to live. Looking forward to a summer when I can actually spend evenings outside without running from the mosquitoes like I did in Kansas.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:49 PM

2,788 posts, read 6,761,015 times
yeah for real, the mosquitoes in Ohio will carry you away

Old 05-29-2008, 11:04 PM

4,316 posts, read 5,840,569 times
I've lived here my whole life. This year feels a bit cooler than normal - like spring has dragged out - but I love it, personally. About 3 years ago was the apparent end of a several-year drought and that summer it was above 90 every day for like a month. I have a swamp cooler and that year I had started using it in April but this year I haven't used it yet. I find it interesting how people have trouble adjusting to the "dry"; being from here; I can't stand humidity - you feel sticky all the time, need a shower right after you shower, have frizzy hair all the time, and the air you breathe always feels heavy and the sky isn't blue enough!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 AM

1,937 posts, read 5,949,052 times
I haven't cared for the wind. It seems to be getting windier here in the Springs.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:28 PM

Yeah, COS is outta control!! I love it here. Of course I came from a town with 20,000 ppl, so it's quite a change for me.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 PM

5 posts, read 10,624 times
Hi, my husband and I are thinking of moving to Colorado--Denver Metro area specifically from Dallas and I am wondering which areas are best for: a small community feel with short commutes to DEN? We are visiting the Denver area this weekend and will hopefully get a feel for the area(s). I've heard Longmont is nice but maybe a bit pricey? Please help these Coloradian (is that right?) wanna be's. Thank you for your replies in advance.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 AM

227 posts, read 905,005 times
I take it you want to commute to Denver, but not live in Denver? Do you have a need or want to live in the Springs (i.e. family)? If you want a nice happy medium, try Castle Rock which is 30 minutes into Denver or the Springs, area dependent of course. If you like more woodsy, foresty smaller town (with more snow), look at Monument which is just north of COS, but about a 40 minute commute to Denver (and 10-30 mins to COS). All these times are by freeway and can vary if you're traveling to the extreme north ends or from the south ends of town. COS is quite large, geographically spread out-wise.

If you need to stay in Denver more, you might want to cross post this in the Denver forum as well.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 AM

i'd rather be in Castle Rock than Monument. There is much there in Monument yet

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

237 posts, read 975,118 times
I moved to CO Springs from Florida last fall. My only regret is not moving here sooner! The entire state of Colorado is more beautiful than I could've imagined. I've made wonderful friends, found a job that pays well, and have never been more happy. I've made it my personal mission to see every inch of Colorado (so far I'm doing rather well) and with every new sight I fall more in love with this state.

Although CO Springs is beautiful, welcoming, and full of plenty of things to do, I wish I would've taken the plunge to settle in Denver. I grew up in a very small town and the Big City scared me quite at first. I prefer the hustle & bustle, have acquired the patience for bumper-to-bumper traffic, and feel more "at home" there. I've heard a lot of negative comments about CO Springs (regarding the religious tone and crime, etc.) but this is a great city worth anyone's consideration. I currently live in the Briargate area and like this spot of the city best.

Of course, Colorado isn't for everyone. I hear the complaints from some (my boss from California comes to mind!) about the "brown" landscape along the Front Range, the lack of a typical spring, etc. The dry air doesn't agree with everyone, either. From the moment I arrived, though, I knew this was my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs