Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 17,366 times

Advertisements

So I see there are lots of people within the past 6 months that said they were heading to CO. How is it everyone? Do you feel you made the right move? Is the city you picked the right choice for you or do you feel you should be in another city? I am leaning towards COSprings at the moment and am wondering if the people that have been there for 6mths to a year are trully happy with the choice they made to move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,345,021 times
I wouldn'ttrade it for anywhere. Don't buy into that whole "it's nothing but religious nuts" BS. I haven't ran into a single person like that, despite the fact that I work near Focus on the Family

Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM

118 posts, read 443,587 times
its nice here. i live in briargate area "pine creek" actually everything is new and nice here. only downfall is that its really dry im still adjusting and from what i hear it takes time i been here almost 6months still have burning eyes dry nose nose bleeds and dry skin oh and chapped lips but its getting better and i just remember to drink water use lotion and get a humidifier oh and you better like cold cuz it dont really get warm here at all. it always seems to be on the cooler side from what i have seen it has yet to be hot or even really warm, and everyone keeps telling me you dont need air conditioning here so im guessing the summers here are pretty cool themselves

Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,098,291 times
the past couple days were close to representing summer here...what did you think of that "heat"? We usually get about a week or so of those temps causing things to be a little uncomfotable, but otherwise good.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,345,021 times
you'll get used to the nosebleeds eventually

Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 PM

180 posts, read 1,182,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity Florida View Post
...i been here almost 6months...
oh and you better like cold cuz it dont really get warm here at all. it always seems to be on the cooler side from what i have seen it has yet to be hot or even really warm, and everyone keeps telling me you dont need air conditioning here so im guessing the summers here are pretty cool themselves
If you've only been here 6 months, then you've only experienced "winter" so far really. Wait another month, June and July will bring 80's and 90's in The Springs often. It is a dry heat though, nothing like you'd experience in Florida or Michigan. But the sun is a lot more intense here, so direct sun in 90 degrees will be "hot".

Cold is also relative to the sun. If the sun is out and you're in it, 40 degrees with no wind is comfortable.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 AM

227 posts, read 1,040,452 times
I always tell people to just add 10-15 degrees, if the sun is out. So, if the temp forecast is 60 degrees but sunny, it will feel like 75 in L.A. We're higher up in the sky so everything is going to feel warmer with direct sun.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM

118 posts, read 443,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
the past couple days were close to representing summer here...what did you think of that "heat"? We usually get about a week or so of those temps causing things to be a little uncomfotable, but otherwise good.
On a serious note was that really what is considered "heat" here? or were you making a joke about it almost being warm? Im trying to figure out how warm it gets here in the summer. Was that the normal warm?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM

170 posts, read 759,880 times
Moving to Colorado (from TX) has been the best decision I have made!

I have not experienced nose bleeds and really dry skin like some folks on the post...but I do drink tons of water and moisterizer and chap stick are a daily ritual. I love living here!! Feel free to send e an email if you have any specific questions.

I live in Manitou Springs now....I love it because it feels like a real community and is very soulful...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,098,291 times
I was being serious on my post. We have days like that in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs