U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 6,951 times
Default Home Builders

Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on any of these builders in Colorado Springs. I need to stay under $175K and these builders seem to be the only ones I've found so far within my budget. I realize that I most likely will have to purchase a townhome. Also, any feedback on the neighborhoods mentioned would be helpful as well.

1) Beazer Homes - Claremont Ranch

2) Pulte Homes - Bluffs at Spring Creek

3) KB Homes - Bluffs at Spring Creek

4) Engle Homes - Overlook at Wolf Ranch

5) Today's Homes - Spring Creek area

Thanks so much!!

Stacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
YvZ

52 posts, read 155,073 times
In terms of area the Townhome by Engle in Wolf Ranch is the best location. It is in D-20 schools and in a VERY good master planned development with the houses in that development starting at $300K. My second choice would be the Beazer one. It all depends what you are looking for though. You will probably get more house for your money in the Beazer community than the Wolf Ranch community. It also depends on where you plan to work.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:06 PM

1,929 posts, read 4,170,798 times
It is possible to buy a home in that price range through Oakwood Homes. Oakwood Homes
It is in Fountain though, if you are willing to live down south. It is in a decent community, not upscale and ritzy compared to the north end, but middle class.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM

268 posts, read 768,099 times
I'm not sure how KB is in CO, but they were awful in TX. They have a very bad reputation for poor quality in San Antonio area. Take some extra time looking around if you are interested in one of those houses.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 PM

2,738 posts, read 4,361,609 times
I would reccomend checking out Colorado's Choice Homes

I know the owner personally, and he builds very nice homes

Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM

3,689 posts, read 6,542,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawnikitten View Post
Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on any of these builders in Colorado Springs. I need to stay under $175K and these builders seem to be the only ones I've found so far within my budget. I realize that I most likely will have to purchase a townhome. Also, any feedback on the neighborhoods mentioned would be helpful as well.

1) Beazer Homes - Claremont Ranch

Thanks so much!!

Stacy
1) Beazer Homes - Claremont Ranch - Beazer has a speckled past in Colorado, not good, but not bad ither.

Pulte has a great rep here in Colorado Tom Martino raves about them quite frequently on his radio show (Tom martino is a consumer advocate)

Avoid KB like the plague, they are absolutly horrible everywhere, do a google search on them, and you will find tons and tons of problems.

Again, not the best, but I have not heard bad things about them.

I have not heard anything about this builder.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:46 PM

166 posts, read 398,386 times
Here's a recent Gazette article about Builders.

Business: A changing landscape | changing, landscape : Gazette.com

Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 6,951 times
Thanks so much everyone! I will look into the new builders suggested and stay away from KB Homes. I'm planning to visit in October so I can see the model homes in person and visit the neighborhoods.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 31,054 times
if you can afford to buy a lot ,a smaller builder will provide a much better service and value.the advantages of the developers is the lot is thrown
in

Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,965,231 times
Ryan, you are sneaky..but truthful!!
How are you now that you are back?? We got here about the same time!

He knows of this builder....listen to him (Ryan). I believe he came from his loins, right Ryan??

If not then I am totally embarassed and will probably crawl in a hole and die!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs