U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,684 times

Advertisements

I was at Banning Lewis two days ago and I can confirm that it is open. The first families have begun moving in.

To answer the original question.

The view of the landscape are amazing. Of course, when you build tens of thousands of houses, the view will likely be a tiny bit different.

Charter school K-8

Military base on the south end of the development with planes. But the south end is slated for lower cost housing (apartments and the like) and will be peddled mostly to military personnel.
_______
Let me put it out there, I don't like this development. It takes ZERO responsibility for its impact on the city and the environment. Wow, it will have parks; well its taking up 28,000 acres of land! We are talking about 42 square miles of land, thats the size of Manhattan Island. Manhattan has a park too.

Also, where are we getting that water and energy needed to support these people? And why does it have to be so far from the city? Do they want the Hwy 24 traffic to be completely unbearable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by envirostudent View Post

Also, where are we getting that water and energy needed to support these people? And why does it have to be so far from the city? Do they want the Hwy 24 traffic to be completely unbearable?
Where are the jobs for the buyers of these homes?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,608 times
Smile Banning Lewis ranch

Just to let you all know I live out in Banning Lewis ranch and I love it !! The views are breath taking and if you buy a well placed lot like I did, the scenery will not be minimized. It is a well thought out development with parks and trails throughout. All of the streets are lined with trees and natural vegitation; it has a nice country feel. The ranch house has a nice gym, pool, and party hosting facility. The best part of all is you get cable, internet, trash, and all of the ranch house amenities all for $86.00 a month. I don't know about you all, but I think that is really affordable.

You people keep asking how they are planning to supply the water for all of these homes. To let you know they are planning on building a water treatment plant to provide for Banning Lewis Ranch.

It is a nice place to live and not a bad drive to anywhere in town. I work by downtown and it is a nice commute to work.

I would reccomend living here it is a great place.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,793 times
Is BLR open an open minded place for alternate lifestyles?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboytoyz View Post
Is BLR open an open minded place for alternate lifestyles?
Why wouldn't it be?

Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM

2,864 posts, read 7,095,361 times
I can think of a few reasons

Old 10-31-2008, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,291 times
This is a National Treasure, The city of Colorado Springs should be removed for allowing this. Chenck out the History of Jimmy Camp, It shoud be a National Park, not a housing project. STOP DEVEOLPMENT NOW. It is in the top 20 of WORLD archeology sites.

Further evidence of the Indian presence at Jimmy Camp comes from the accounts of early Spanish visitors. The first such visitor to leave a record was the Spaniard Juan de Uribarri. In 1706 Uribarri brought a command of twenty soldiers, twelve settlers and 200 Indian allies from Santa Fe to rescue a band of enslaved Indians held by the Cuartelejo Apaches of present eastern Colorado.

Indian $ Spanish Visitors to Jimmy Camp

Old 10-31-2008, 03:34 PM

121 posts, read 391,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnison View Post
This is a National Treasure, The city of Colorado Springs should be removed for allowing this. Chenck out the History of Jimmy Camp, It shoud be a National Park, not a housing project. STOP DEVEOLPMENT NOW. It is in the top 20 of WORLD archeology sites.

The Master Plan that I've seen of Banning Lewis Ranch indicates the Jimmy Camp Creek Park area is partially in the flood plain (so that won't be developed) and the rest will remain park and open space.

Only a handful of people who live in Colorado Springs were actually born here (were you?), which means we have to build the relo's housing somewhere. I think Banning Lewis Ranch is going to be a spectacular development - I can't wait to see it grow as I live next door in Falcon.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM

252 posts, read 812,644 times
I don't mean to step on anyones toes, but I AM from Colorado Springs, born and raised. Personally I'm disgusted at how this beautiful city is growing because of the relo's. Everyone is moving here to get away from the very same thing that this city is becoming because of the relo's. I know growth is enevitable, but does it also have to be distructive? Quit defacing the mountain side, the foothills and surrounding plains. I'm afraid I agree with gunnison.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM

454 posts, read 1,063,809 times
Hey I second that! I have only been in the Springs for 6 years and it has gottne crazy packed. I don't know if the city is still doing it but back a few years ago they were helping people get a deal on houses if they bought ones in OCC or downtown area. The plan was to get new people in instead of just building another house. I liked the idea but I never heard what happened to it. It was avaliable at the time we were looking for another house but we decided not to sell ours then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs