Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 AM

6 posts, read 15,586 times

Advertisements

I am hopin to make the move also, (from Michigan) those have been some of my concerns.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlyn99 View Post
I am hopin to make the move also, (from Michigan) those have been some of my concerns.
What line of work are you in?
What is your housing price range or monthly rent budget?
Married? Kids?

Old 09-20-2007, 09:37 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,334 times
Quote:
I have been looking into relocating to that area. I currently live in Michigan. I have lived herer all my life. I have been out to ski afew times and fell in love with the landscape. didn't get much chance to explore. A friend told me that colorado springs or boulder would be a great place . (we stayed in keystone when we were out.) While I do like to ski, I woudn't say thats why I would come out. contrary to your thoughts, I am interested in the more conservative side of things...church,schools etc......
The weather sounds absolutely wonderful. Here in Mi. We get buried for months. The snow comes in Dec. and doesn't leave til at least March!! (we are talking feet). you can really go stir crazy after awhile. Thanks for the info.
co springs and boulder have that they are both in pretty settings against the eastern rockies' foothills in colorado, both relatively VERY caucasian, neither far from I25 (I25 runs through co springs), and both at least a bit "bubble like" in the RELATIVE (no, not complete, but relative) homogeneity of their respective populations (in world view, etc.). otherwise, they are very very different places, most certainly in terms of their "cultures". you mention liking the conservative and church-going way, so, my guess is the springs might be more along those lines for you.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM

I own a cleaning business. my specialty is executive homes. the biggest one i have is 15,ooo sq feet. Is there any demand for that out there? I would have to start that out there or find a different line of work. its all relative. Just need a fresh start!!!!I really would prefer to be out of the city and possibly commute. I actually am a "habitat for humanity" partner. It might be a long stretch but possibly a transfer was what i was hoping for. single mom, but my kids are just about out of the house. one graduated this year and the other is a junior. the older wants to go to college out there, (a community college).

Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM

I was considering relocating from michigan. I looked at nm too!bad choice huh? I really like what i am hearing about col. springs though. Just starting to look. hope to come up with something soon.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I own a cleaning business. my specialty is executive homes. the biggest one i have is 15,ooo sq feet. Is there any demand for that out there? I would have to start that out there or find a different line of work. its all relative. Just need a fresh start!!!!I really would prefer to be out of the city and possibly commute. I actually am a "habitat for humanity" partner. It might be a long stretch but possibly a transfer was what i was hoping for. single mom, but my kids are just about out of the house. one graduated this year and the other is a junior. the older wants to go to college out there, (a community college).
i'd think denver might have more "executive" homes (and NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, celebrity homes) than any of the above. it would be a bit of a moderated blend of co springs and boulder, with suburbs with many church going and conservative types, but not as evangelical and military as the springs, while not as sort of high brow liberal as boulder can sometimes seem.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM

many thanks!!!! I do have retail, restaurant and motel management experience also . I am not counting that out for possible employment opportunities.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,619,096 times
The thread is "What I don't like about Colorado Springs". Stay on topic.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:18 AM

62 posts, read 251,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
This post is worthless. (I'm allowed my opinion just as you are!)

Guess what, winter road conditions happen through out the country. I had 2 windshields replaced just from driving on the DC beltway....18 wheelers throw rocks too. (True, but I happen to now live in a city twice the size of C.S. and the snow-covered roads are usually plowed by 10 a.m. so people can get to work. There are NO snow days here and rarely do the schools close because of snow - and we get more than Colorado typically. Can you say "well run city"????)

Potholes happen everywhere as a result of freezing roadsurfaces, can't really be avoided. (True - but they can be fixed properly. Notice that "pile" of asphalt over the potholes in C.S. Did it ever occur to them to smooth it out with those big roller machines??? No. Incompetence.)

Glad you've escaped too. Now why don't you post somewhere else! (Since you're the one being rude, maybe you should go post somewhere else.)
I'm glad I've escaped too, but I still reserve the right to express my opinion. Last time I checked, we still had "freedom of speech" here in this country.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdz View Post
The thread is "What I don't like about Colorado Springs". Stay on topic.
i can see how it might look like things are off topic to you. but out of curiosity, is comparing the merits of colorado springs with other places in colorado not on topic with what might be relatively likeable about co springs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs