Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM

51 posts, read 171,827 times

Advertisements

I was planning on getting married at the Garden of Gods but after going to see the areas yesterday, I realized it was COLD! LOL, can you tell I am not from here and didn't consider that?

Any suggestions on where I can have the ceremony that would be free or close to it?

Thanks in advance for all your help!! (significant other isn't much help on these subjects)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,959 times
Maybe the Gazeboo in Green Mtn. Falls at the pond.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM

157 posts, read 655,437 times
Just about every place that you can find around here that is an indoor venue is going to be a bit pricey. Do you know how many people will be at the ceremony? How are you wanting the events to take place? Are you wanting to decorate? Do you have someone to preside over the ceremony already? If you can give me more of an idea of how you want it all to play out I can probably come up with some suggestions for you.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
October weather does fluctuate up and down. What month are you wanting to get married?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM

157 posts, read 655,437 times
I am pretty sure she said in another post that she's doing it in Nov.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
Thats right, I remember that post. I didn't connect the two.

If that is the case, I am not sure where you are going to get away with doing it for free...churches even charge you a bit.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgurl View Post
I was planning on getting married at the Garden of Gods but after going to see the areas yesterday, I realized it was COLD! LOL, can you tell I am not from here and didn't consider that?

Any suggestions on where I can have the ceremony that would be free or close to it?

Thanks in advance for all your help!! (significant other isn't much help on these subjects)

You didn't expect that it would be cold here?

I'm not sure if I have any advice on anything free that's indoors, other than the mall.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 AM

252 posts, read 926,077 times
Inside wedding for free? .................. your home or a friend's

Last edited by SaxLuva; 10-14-2008 at 10:43 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgirl View Post
Just about every place that you can find around here that is an indoor venue is going to be a bit pricey. Do you know how many people will be at the ceremony? How are you wanting the events to take place? Are you wanting to decorate? Do you have someone to preside over the ceremony already? If you can give me more of an idea of how you want it all to play out I can probably come up with some suggestions for you.
It will be maximum 15 people. I don't need to decorate, it's going to be relatively simple. We have a friend who's dad is going to be the minister but he isn't from this area. I am trying to find a restaurant even, where I can have the ceremony in a banquet room or something. You were right, it is November. And to the other post about my non consideration of the cold... I am not from here. For me, up until this past week, it has been hotter than I ever anticipated. I am from MA and lived the last 3 years in MI. I didn't think anything could be that cold Snow went from Sept to April every year without fail and last week it was in the 60's here. I was told the temperature was more mild here... so NO, I didn't think at 11am/noon it would be that cold even in gog. Sorry.

Thank you mpsgirl for your help!!! I really appreciate it

Old 10-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
Inside wedding for free? .................. your home or a friend's
10 people in my home would be 2 too many lol
Family members of the groom to be haven't offered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs