Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 10:11 PM

157 posts, read 655,466 times

Advertisements

Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction. My husband and I are stationed out at Ft Carson, but we're still techincally new to the state. We got stationed here in April of last year after his most recent deployment. So now we're talking about starting on our task of finding land to build a home on. We're going to be first time home owners and our plan is to build once he gets back from his next deployment that's coming up soon. Ideally we want to find land south of the Springs area, and I was thinking something off 115 going towards Canon City (though I'm not sure what pricing looks like there compared to other areas). Ultimately we just want something outside of the city itself but reasonably close to Ft Carson.

I've done a lot of searching on the internet but seem to be coming up shorthanded. I'm not really sure where to look for land that's available. We don't want anything huge...ideally 2-5 acres at the most. If someone has suggestions on places to look or specific people that would be beneficial to talk with, we'd really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on good builders who are reasonably priced also, we'd love to hear about them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 24,124 times
Do a realtor.com search by county, search for land near florence, penrose, and canon city. These are the results for 2+ acres

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...&ss_mitm=n%2Fa

Old 02-20-2007, 06:19 AM

12 posts, read 61,882 times
Have you thought about Pueblo west? alot of military and others are moving here because of affodable housing and it is only 30-40 min drive to Carson,try the south side of 50 on the west end of Pueblo west,very friendly,more space between houses,you could probably find a new home already built that you would like

Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
Please try www.ppar.com for land in that area. [cut] Where are you now? I am in Fountain, I can assume you are here in Springs too. From what I understand, the land down by Turkey Creek has really gone up, like stupid up. But the closer to Penrose you get, the cheaper the land. Do you ever go to Happy Apple Farm in Penrose? Love that place!! Anyhow, please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss it more. Lynette

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-11-2007 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Mentioning realtors or realty firms by name is advertising and is not permitted.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 11,334 times
Default land south of colo springs

Your best bet may be Pueblo West if you want an acre or two and at a reasonable price. You might want to just drive around Pueblo West and take a look at model homes - the builders have them all over. That'll give you an idea of what type of home and price range you are looking at. Fountain is really nice, but I understand prices have really gone up there.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:18 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Um, is it just me or does it seem like the OP, and thus this thread died about 7 months ago?

a.k.a. Is there a way to put a dead thread into the wastebasket?

PS: good points, Rosewick. I only wish that someone would move into PW and buy up a speck home or one of those rickety old shacks that were built 3+ years ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs