U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2008, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 16,585 times
Default Jobs for 14 year olds

I am 14 years old (will be 15 in December) and I have my work permit, but can't find any jobs. I could volunteer or just clean up afterwards. I would like to go into something that is involved in animals but I'm not picky. I have mild experience and just need some extra cash. Does anyone know of any jobs for 14 year olds in the colorado springs area?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:30 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,712,716 times
What about the library?
You might be able to work as a page.

You might want to look into taking a babysitter's course and you can be a babysitter or work in a day care.

Best of luck.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM

4,473 posts, read 5,850,923 times
I don't live in Colorado Springs - I'm in Longmont, but I have a 15 year old son who wants to work as well. He just turned 15.
You might want to check you local grocery stores. I know the King Soopers here is one of the very few places that will hire 15 year olds - it's usually bagging groceries.

During the summer the youth job core in your area (if there is one, I would assume so) will be looking to hire young people. Up here in this area there is quite a bit of competition to get the jobs, but they pay well and there are bonuses. I think once you're in, you're in. Check with your county to see if there are those opportunities there.

My son just got hired by Eldora Mountain to be a Junior Ski Assistant - helping assist the instructors with the young ones in ski school. But he did have a lot of recommendations to be able to get that job - he used to be a racer. But they do start hiring up there at age 14. Obviously too far for you - my point is there might be something similar nearby. He never would have thought to apply thinking he was too young, so if you really want a job, call around - you might be surprised who will give you a chance.

Have you checked with any local vet places to see if they need a helper? If all else fails - volunteer at the local humane society. My son did that a few years back and loved it. Doing that will help you get a job later on.

Good luck! Hope you find something

Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 PM

1,931 posts, read 4,348,356 times
Babysitting is the only thing I know of.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM

5,015 posts, read 7,304,421 times
Sorry, this is not a "job wanted" forum. You can however post a free ad in the "Classifieds" forum, which you can find here...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/classified-ads/

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs