U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,710 times

Advertisements

I'm a teenage girl who is wanting to move out to Colorado Springs, Colorado, sometime during this summer or at least go out there to look into it, but i am not sure on living expenses. I've found apartments for $456-$600 a month that are really nice in the area which doesnt seem soo expensive but just everyday living expense...is it high? If you have any info can u please email me or reply to this..Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM

649 posts, read 2,649,602 times
As a parent I would encourage you to go to the CSPD website and look at the crime rates in those areas, also look at the sex offenders. Gas is around $2.20 here. Milk is $2.50 a gallon give or take. Utilities bill in an apartment (not including water), is around $70 a month. Hope that helps. bashep

Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 AM

641 posts, read 1,955,045 times
The cost of living can be high. Gas is expensive and groceries aren't cheap. What you can do is look into alternative living arrangements.

Instead of renting an apartment, there are some who rent out the basement level of their home. In many of these arrangements, the basement has it's own kitchen and a separate entrance.

It is cheaper and sometimes the homeowner agrees to pick up the utility bill, cable TV, internet, or you split the cost for them.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 PM

220 posts, read 701,179 times
Gas is cheaper than some parts of the country, along with utilities like electric, yet natural gas is similar to NY. Eating out is on par with NY in terms of cost in all but the mexican restaurants. However, rents are far cheaper here and this would make a big difference in your available cash. Good luck!

Old 02-28-2007, 05:16 PM

673 posts, read 3,692,872 times
The areas with 450-600 dollar apartments arent all bad, most of those are very nice areas. Even the worst areas of Colorado Springs are fairly well-kept. Its a renters market, the apartment prices have had to come down alot. Colorado Springs for a city of its size doesnt have any real bad neighborhoods, just some arent nice as others.

Alot of people who look into Colorado Springs are suprised how affordable it is, it is mainly affordable because the economy.
Despite the fact Colorado Springs has a very high quality of life, the economy is decent but by no means is the economy booming.

Colorado Springs transit system is also improving so a bus pass is 35 dollars and service from 5am to 11pm M-Saturday with limited Sunday hours.

I would say groceries and restaurants in Colorado Springs are lower then most cities I have been around. Its a very competitive grocery market, with lots of grocers. Also the restaurant prices are very reasonable in Colorado Springs.

If you are planning on attending college here in Colorado Springs the out-of state tuition rate has a very high out-of state premium compared to other states. It takes a year in Colorado to be considered a resident.

Last edited by MattDen; 02-28-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs