U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:33 AM

5 posts, read 14,839 times
Default Broadmoor neighborhood, nice area??

I'm moving to The Spring in the coming month and my wife and I are looking for a house to rent. We found a nice one in Broadmoor Bluff but we don't know if it's a nice/safe neighborhood to raise our 1 year old daughter.

If not what would be the best area for a young family, I'm 26 and my wife 24.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 11:42 AM

1,929 posts, read 4,164,421 times
I saw the title of this and went....duh?! Is the Broadmoor area nice? Can you say money???!
As far as Broadmoor Bluffs, I am not sure where that is at. There are some less desireable areas on the eastern side of the Broadmoor. Anybody else??

Old 12-07-2008, 10:19 AM

2,738 posts, read 4,356,805 times
Anywhere in the Broadmoor is nice. It's the most expensive area in town.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:27 AM

5 posts, read 14,839 times
Thanks a lot for the answers, we'll now see if we can afford it :s

Old 12-07-2008, 10:27 AM

12,956 posts, read 11,325,883 times
Um, it sounds like you are new to the Springs. IMO the Broadmoor is the top resort area in Colorado. Pull up their website, lots of great info and cool pics!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:25 PM

121 posts, read 275,549 times
Yes, the Broadmoor area is very nice, lots of $1M+ mansions around there. And the B'moor hotel and club are beautiful.

However, beware of the surrounding areas to the east and north - there are several pockets just outside of the B'moor area that have high crime rates. For example, the stretch of Nevada Avenue between I-25 and Lake Avene is scary, as are some of the neighborhoods off Circle Drive closer to I-25.

Unless you have a specific reason to live near the B'moor (e.g. you work near there, or you will be a member of the Club, or you want to live in a mansion), if it were me I would take the north side of town instead anyday. There are several beautiful neighborhoods on the north side, including luxury Club/Golf settings like Flying Horse.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 AM

2,738 posts, read 4,356,805 times
Yeah I always thought that was odd about the Broadmoor. The ritziest place in sound surrounded by the ghetto.

(Don't flame me, I live in Pikes Peak Park)

Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 AM

3 posts, read 15,579 times
For the most part, the Broadmoor area is going to be very nice. There are a lot of mansions around, along with a world-famous 5-star hotel.

Broadmoor Bluffs is close to a lot of great stuff - Pikes Peak Community College, downtown Colorado Springs, nice shopping centers like the one at 115 and Southgate (the name escapes me)

But also be aware that a lot of of the nice places are directly next to some places you might not find as appealing. Drive north a few minutes on 115 and you'll get on S Nevada Ave, which is home to motels where people live and you would never want to stay at, problematic neighborhoods, and other issues. The Nevada Ave area has been long considered for urban renewal, but not too much has been done so far; in the future, who knows?

But there are also a lot of wealthy people and retirees who make their home here, and being close to downtown but not right on top of it is a plus. I would not try to steer you away - if you can afford it, you should definitely keep it in consideration - I predict you would be satisfied.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 AM

83 posts, read 188,385 times
I think the Broadmoor area is quite nice, although more expensive.

I live on the west side of the I-25 and north of the 24 and it's beautiful. Little bit north of the Broadmoor area.

And even the less-nice parts of CoS are still much nicer than the bad parts of huge cities (LA, NY etc.)

Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 AM

1,313 posts, read 4,680,236 times
I spent my teen years living in Broadmoor Bluffs. It's very nice and can be pricey. Great schools (well, I didn't like it but that's looooong story), nice views and you can hear Ft. Carson training which is kinda cool.

Across 115 it gets a little dicey. It's not horrible but well, there are pockets there that aren't all that safe.

I have nothing bad to say about it. It's similar to the more upper end of housing in Briargate but a different tone - which is hard to explain but if you say Broadmoor many think "wealthy" if you say Briargate many think "soccer mom"...best I can come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs