Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM

77 posts, read 305,402 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows of a service like this here? Or maybe a farm where we could pick it up ourselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,504 times
The only home delivery service I know of is through Royal Crest. They have "all natural" without that main hormone but don't state it's organic.

Other than that, you can pick up organic milk at any major grocery and of course Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage's grocery section, Mountain Mama...

Old 12-21-2008, 06:23 AM

454 posts, read 1,224,391 times
Royal Crest is some really good dairy products. You can also go to some of there quick stop gas stations to and buy there products.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:32 AM

268 posts, read 1,129,742 times
We looked into the home delivery service for milk, but the cost was very prohibitive. The milk itself was close to twice as much as store bought. The tacked a delivery charge on top of that. On top of that, they wanted you to buy multiple gallons. The milk was tasty, though.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:11 PM

227 posts, read 1,043,937 times
We use Royal Crest and we're not required to buy multiple gallons. We have a 2 year old boy and 10 year old girl and use exactly 1 gallon of whole milk per week. Yeah, the gallon costs more and there's delivery service fee, but I like how milk is the ONE thing I don't need to worry about, and before we did, it was something we were constantly running out to the grocery store last minute to buy. My daughter says it's so much better tasting than grocery store milk, and honestly I want her to drink the stuff willingly.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Longmont Dairy has a minimum order of 1 1/2 gal./wk. I agree with Amery523; it sure is nice not to have to worry about running out. Sometimes, when everyone is home, we have to buy more from the grocery store.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Longmont Dairy has a minimum order of 1 1/2 gal./wk. I agree with Amery523; it sure is nice not to have to worry about running out. Sometimes, when everyone is home, we have to buy more from the grocery store.
Just realized I'm on the COS forum, so obviously, Longmont Dairy won't work.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 PM

268 posts, read 1,129,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amery523 View Post
We use Royal Crest and we're not required to buy multiple gallons. We have a 2 year old boy and 10 year old girl and use exactly 1 gallon of whole milk per week. Yeah, the gallon costs more and there's delivery service fee, but I like how milk is the ONE thing I don't need to worry about, and before we did, it was something we were constantly running out to the grocery store last minute to buy. My daughter says it's so much better tasting than grocery store milk, and honestly I want her to drink the stuff willingly.
We only drink 1/2 gallon a week, that's probably what I'm remembering. I'd rather not buy a full gallon and have half of it go to waste.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:08 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,971,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
The only home delivery service I know of is through Royal Crest. They have "all natural" without that main hormone but don't state it's organic.
I've had delivery service from several Colorado-based dairies, including Royal Crest, and I've always been impressed by their products. While prices are high compared to ordinary milk at your local Safeway, it's fairly competitive with the organic Horizon brand or other similar products.

As COflower said, the local daires are not certified organic (unlike Horizon, which is certified but whose practices are highly dubious). However, for the most part if you look into it you'll find that local delivery oriented dairies are up to organic standards. The certification process, unfortunately, does not favor small, locally-oriented providers.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:03 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,164,406 times
Not sure if this would interest you, but there is a posting on Craigslist today, a local farm where you buy milk shares....
For sale-Real Milk Shares Now Available (http://cosprings.craigslist.org/grd/969869247.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs