U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2008, 06:56 PM

1,933 posts, read 4,478,298 times

Advertisements

No, its not another crime thread...
I just got back from vacation in FL and I must say once again how much I love Colorado!! Especially the springs. It never ceases to amaze me when I watch the news elsewhere--so much crime! I vow to never complain about how our news station drags our news out for weeks.
Not to mention, it feels like Christmas time here!! I always heard "Happy Holidays!" and actually got a few remarks about my "Merry Christmas" wishes. You do hear "Merry Christmas" here with no reservations!

Everyone, raise your glass and let's toast to COS and a wonderful and fruitful New Year!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM

17,396 posts, read 24,742,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I just got back from vacation in FL and I must say once again how much I love Colorado!! Especially the springs. It never ceases to amaze me when I watch the news elsewhere--so much crime! I vow to never complain about how our news station drags our news out for weeks.
Not to mention, it feels like Christmas time here!! I always heard "Happy Holidays!" and actually got a few remarks about my "Merry Christmas" wishes. You do hear "Merry Christmas" here with no reservations!

Everyone, raise your glass and let's toast to COS and a wonderful and fruitful New Year!!

Yes indeed, I'll raise a glass on those wishes.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,508,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post

Yeah compared to most cities of this size Colorado Springs has really low crime. When something bad does happen they talk about it for a long time whereas other cities can't just stick to one story because they have alot more murders and robberies. I live like right around the chapel hills mall and when I look at police blotters for my area theres almost no crime. Also on the Christmas thing theres tons of people with lights around town, and all the stores seem to be really packed.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:59 AM

624 posts, read 1,312,891 times
Merry Christmas Sprangers!!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:53 PM

1,313 posts, read 4,964,173 times
C Springs is a pretty nice place to live:

6:52 am (yeah I posted this in my CO photo thread too) 12-24-08

Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 PM

194 posts, read 489,480 times
I agree and I don't even live here. It's so nice to be in a place that looks and feels like Christmas.

Cheers & Happy New Year.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:30 PM

107 posts, read 144,621 times
Ohh I know my family and I are planning on PCS'ing to CS within the year for our final move and I can't wait! Season's Greetings and a Safe, happy and healthy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs