Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,910 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone,

I visited Colorado Springs back in the Summer of 2002 and 2003 and fell in love with the mountains and the city. I vowed to myself that I would move out there when the opportunity arose. Now it is four years later and this May I will be graduating college with a degree in psychology. My questions are these...

How does someone even start to live in Colorado Springs? I mean. There are so many unknowns to me. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, get a job. Yet, I wonder how the job market is for someone like me. Find a place to live. But where is good place? with a good neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 AM

20 posts, read 68,742 times
Well, I'll be graduating in May with my Civil Engineering degree. I just accepted a job in the CS downtown area. I'll be starting in June so I'm going to take several trips up there to find an apt. and become more familiar with the area. Once you find a job, my advice would be to stay fairly close to the location of your job. And maybe sign a short term lease so your not stuck in a place that your not happy in. Once you become more familiar with an area that is appealing to you, than consider moving. But everybody on this website is very helpful. I just browse all of the topics and find something of interest to me all the time.
Good luck

Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
If you're single and not encumbered with too much "stuff" at this point, you might think about renting a room in a house. These are available for anywhere from $300-$600 a month. You can find a Colorado Springs network at roomiematch.com

Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 PM

68 posts, read 129,301 times
If you happen to be single and/or would like to be able to enjoy any type of dating scene then I would HIGHLY encourage you to reconsider relocating to either Denver or Fort Collins. I moved out here in 2005 and there are absolutely no singles in this city(except for divorced military personell who stick around here). Colorado Springs is solely a city for families. (at least it seems that way to me) Just my .02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs