Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:14 PM

15 posts, read 104,436 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Indigo Ranch area/subdivision (I'm sorry, I don't know all the terms!)? My husband and I are looking into buying a house (he'll be stationed at Schriever) and so we're looking at properies that aren't *too* far/long a drive for him. Does anyone have any opinion on Springs Ranch or Stetson Hills? We have no kids so school districts aren't important. Our realtor has a search...thingy (I'm not great with the words) that comes up that are within our price range and a few of these Indigo places have popped up. It doesn't seem like they have much of a front or backyard, though.

Also, what are some sources for finding employment/volunteer opportunities? Bilingual opportunities would be great.

Thank you very much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodymango View Post
We have no kids so school districts aren't important.
What are you going to do after Obama closes Schriever and converts the whole base into Section 8 housing? You might have to sell your home; so if the schools aren't good you might have a hard time getting buyers.

What is your price range? Are you looking for a SFR? Condo? etc?

Stetson may be good for you because it is one of the biggest developments close to Schriever. You could also head further north of Woodmen. I think Stetson is D49 schools, I forgot, and north of Woodmen is D20 schools. Stetson is close to everything too.

There's also Falcon with Falcon Hills and some subdivisions around there.

Those would be the first places to look at for being close to Schriever in standard neighborhoods.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 AM

140 posts, read 439,332 times
I know homes in Chapparal Point at Indigo Ranch. They are built on small-lots with more community space in the front of their homes rather than a lot of private space in the back yards for example. They also have some interesting colors and not the dull muted earth tones all over the 'burbs. I found some pictures of it on the internet: Chaparral Point at Indigo Ranch

Doesn't Stetson Hills have the highest foreclosure rates in the City? i.e. stripped out houses all over the neighborhood?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,445,107 times
Yes, I would avoid Stetson Hills. I'm not a fan.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,891,773 times
Stetson has it's problems but overall it's a nice area. I personally live in Briargate, have lived in Cimmaron Hills but keep in mind that was in the late 80s...I liked it. I have lived int he Garden Ranch area and after teh landlord kicks me out, I hope to go there. I have lived in Broadmoor Bluffs, that was my teen life...but other than the most south east end of C springs, we have it pretty good here.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 AM

115 posts, read 457,249 times
I must be clueless. I live in Stetson Hills and haven't come across any problems. What am I missing?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM

598 posts, read 1,541,449 times
I also live in Stetson Hills and I haven't seen any stripped out houses. I couldn't be happier...

Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM

107 posts, read 216,333 times
Well I am no native of CS yet, however I know you said that shools aren't an issue.... Do you plan on having kids in the near future? That is something to take into concideration JMO Location and saftey is a big key factor as well

Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM

121 posts, read 450,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS-Urbanist View Post
Doesn't Stetson Hills have the highest foreclosure rates in the City? i.e. stripped out houses all over the neighborhood?
I haven't heard that either - I've heard Palmer Lake and Peyton have the highest foreclosure levels.

I think the Stetson Hills / Indigo Ranch area is great. It's close to all the amenities you'll ever need, and the commute to Schriever is almost as easy as it'll get (without living at Schriever, which would only mean you are near work and nothing else). That base is sort of in the middle of nowhere.

I'd recommend staying north of Constitution Avenue.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,445,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Yes, I would avoid Stetson Hills. I'm not a fan.

Sorry!!!! I meant Cimmaron Hills!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: