U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:21 AM

53 posts, read 130,560 times
Thank you, I am looking forward to living in Colorado soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 07:44 AM

362 posts, read 1,032,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Largely a positive, though with thousands more rambunctious young men loose there's bound to be a rise in rowdiness at some watering holes around town, and an influx of working ladies.
Yup. When I moved to Briargate in 1983, in order to protect my young daughters, one of my goals was to select a site that was both in the city and as far away from Ft Carson as possible.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 AM

1,931 posts, read 4,340,617 times
LOL...so you got as close to USAFA where it isn't uncommon to read about rape....
We haven't heard about them in the local news for awhile now...its the one thing we haven't heard!
(I know your kidding on your post...so am I.)

Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 PM

5 posts, read 8,519 times
Hi angelaluzia! First of all i have to say that i think you will fall in love with Colorado. Seems that everyone who comes here does. :0) I agree with other postings that it will not be difficult at all to find a home in CO Spgs. There are available places all around where i live, and i am right outside of ft carson. Are you planning on renting or buying?
Welcome to Colorful Colorado!
hehe

Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 AM

We are planning to buy a Home. We are looking at Fountain area because it is close to Fort Carson and the High School seems to be good. My Husband has 2 more years in the Military left so we are looking for a permanent Home. mom-e_2 where do you live in Fountain or Widefield? I have researched on the internet and I was hoping that Fountain has some Teens and is close to everything also. We are currently in Germany and we know first hand about the Winters and we don't mind. We are ready to fall in love with Colorado.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 PM

5 posts, read 8,519 times
Angelaluzia, Hi there! No i do not live in Fountain. I live right out side of Fort Carsons gate 3. Homes in Fountain and Widefield are cheap, however (and im not saying this for personal exposure) but fountain has a bad rep. I hope no one gets mad at me for writing this, but in my opinion and many others, Fountain is cheap to accomodate the cheap... is that said nicely? On a good note, I have heard nothing but good about the school District in Fountain. We are currently in District 2 which is an ok district but an even better district is 12, which is literally across the street from us. I know exceptions are made if you have a child you would like to put in their district.

As far as having teens around and close to everything in the city. Fountain is good and bad for this. Good because there are shops around, but bad because it is located outside of the city a little bit.

Hope i helped a little???

Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM

Thank you for the help. We will have to look at Homes when we get there, it is hard to make a decision from the internet but I appreciate all the info that I get here.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM

67 posts, read 130,782 times
I totally agree with mom-e_2.....if you want affordable but better area go with School district 49. there are quite a few military families in the district and you have a choice of three high schools including one that is brand new this year! it is close to EVERYTHING and is easy to get to the base yet is far enough away.....

Old 04-08-2009, 05:08 AM

Does anyone know about saftey issues, we are still in Germany and I was told that because of the unit from Fort Hood it is dangereous by the Base now and there is a problem with gangs. Is that true or just rumors like always? I feel really out of touch being so far away for so long. Thank you
Angela

Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 AM

17,193 posts, read 23,775,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaluzia View Post
Does anyone know about saftey issues, we are still in Germany and I was told that because of the unit from Fort Hood it is dangereous by the Base now and there is a problem with gangs. Is that true or just rumors like always? I feel really out of touch being so far away for so long. Thank you
Angela
I've seen nothing in the local TV or printed news. I suspect it's the usual case of 90% overstatement; like fish stories, these rumors grow each time they are retold. I'd say to not worry. Check the Weekly Crime Maps, they'll tell the tale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs