Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM

252 posts, read 923,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_lobster! View Post
I'd drop in if you opened a restaurant!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
I think I heard King Chef moved into the old Big City Burrito joint so there castle might be empty.

Don't temp me !!!!!!!!!!! That's always been my dream, but a catering business. Restuarants are very hard work and little to no profit until you're well established. Location also plays a big part in the success. If you guys are willing to do the delivery and set ups and let me cook, we might be able to work something out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 AM

454 posts, read 1,220,542 times
Since I am out of service now I can be the food tester!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Since I am out of service now I can be the food tester!
I don't see why not................. It's a job I'm sure you'll love. I've been told by MANY people that I'm a very good cook.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,105,611 times
I tried Mission Inn this Saturday and hated it. Service was wonderful but the food wasn't good. Anyone think differently?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I tried Mission Inn this Saturday and hated it. Service was wonderful but the food wasn't good. Anyone think differently?
I'm with you on that one

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 AM

553 posts, read 1,630,760 times
Quote:
That's very disappointing. I've been going there for years, and never get a bad meal. Spike makes the best green chili and the best margaritas you're gonna find.

I almost always get the Mission Burrito Grande, smothered in green chili. It's wonderful.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
That's very disappointing. I've been going there for years, and never get a bad meal. Spike makes the best green chili and the best margaritas you're gonna find.

I almost always get the Mission Burrito Grande, smothered in green chili. It's wonderful.
I'm so sorry to hear that. But if you've never had good Mexican food, I guess you wouldn't know the difference. I think Dos Hombre's is better than Mission and that's just another Americanized Mexican food place. The food is good, just not good Mexican.......................

Last edited by SaxLuva; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 AM

26,144 posts, read 48,812,943 times
Quote:
We tried it a year or so ago, based on comments here on CD and found the meal very disappointing. Haven't been back since.

I'm no expert on Green Chili, no way, but I did have a bowl at the All American Sports Cafe up on Voyager. The flavor was great but the heat had me coughing and sweating. I don't tolerate heat that well, so most folks may not have a problem with it. I've no interest in any eatery anywhere, but I do suggest that if you're way up on the north end sometime, try this place. They make ALL their own food, from fish and chips to potato salad, nothing factory made and delivered in bulk by restaurant supply houses. Their fish sandwich is awesome and its huge. It's a VERY friendly place and they give out free "bronco shooters" whenever the Bronco's score a touchdown.

s/Mike

Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 AM

17,927 posts, read 27,336,509 times
Default I've got a Mexican Food complaint.

Yup. I've got a Mexican Food complaint and I thought I'd drop it in here, hoping someone in the Springs has eaten here or at one of the locations in the Denver Metro.

I remember eating at a Chipotles near my work on about 2nd and Union, as there was one across the street from our old Corporate office. It was sort of a fancy chain place. I hated it. I had the urge to regurge. It was all rice and all fast food chain junk.

I just got back peering in on a thread in Florida. They're all excited about it! OMG! But I've been to Florida. Taco Bell is sort of a big deal out there. My brothers are dying for good Mexican food out there. They want me to dry-ice ship them a couple gallons of green chile. I can't seem to ever get it into the freezer to send to them.

But come on people? Del Taco is about as far as I'll get to franchise. Their fish tacos are OK I guess. But the mom and pops are SO much better.

There's one opening up in Pueblo next to the Red Lobster and Olive Garden on Elizabeth. At least the location's right. I want to throw rocks at this place. I don't think it's gonna make it. I need the new bumper sticker; Friends don't let friends eat Chipotles.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM

The only thing Mexican about Chipotles is the name. I think their food is nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs