U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmancos View Post
Salsa Latina on Rio Grand between Tejon and Cascade. Absolutely THE best! The Avocado Pork Burrito (APB) is to die for. Smothered of course.
Went there and smothered APB was worth the trip. Tiny place, middle of the block, very few seats, VERY friendly people on both sides of the counter. Chili Relleno's on certain days and Menudo once per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,470 times
I was in Manitou Springs in 99(I know it's a while ago, I'm hoping the restaurant is still around), and we found this fantastic little place for breakfast, but I can't find it on the maps anymore.
It looked like an old storefront, but there was a patio beside it, not visible from the street, and you got to the patio by walking through the kitchen. The patio also overlooked a big raven.
We had a breakfast of a rolled up omelette(with nothing in it), served on a bed of potatoes, the whole thing covered in green chili, with sour creme, and pico de gallo on top.
Does this restaurant sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone know if it's still around? I'm going back this summer, and want to find it again.
M

Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,485,170 times
Default Good Mexican/New Mexican/Latino fast food.

Where are the best ones? I personally like Taco Star on Wasatch and Platte. Where else is good cheap fast mexican or mexican-like food?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmancos View Post
Salsa Latina on Rio Grand between Tejon and Cascade. Absolutely THE best! The Avocado Pork Burrito (APB) is to die for. Smothered of course.

I'll have to check this out if it is still open!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM

There is a little mexican restaurant tucked away behind the old railroad station in the Colorado Ave/S Corona. Anyone know this place?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
SYS

336 posts, read 993,738 times
Taco Bells, anyone?

I actually like Pueblo Viejo on N. Academy Blvd.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 PM

I have been living in ABQ on and off for the last few months. So I needs some good food! Pueblo Viejo is good!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 PM

60 posts, read 286,265 times
Default I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I tried Mission Inn this Saturday and hated it. Service was wonderful but the food wasn't good. Anyone think differently?
The wife and I stopped in one weekend and had an appetizer and a couple of drinks at Mission Inn and they used store tortilla rounds for their nachos (We’ve had better nachos at a sports bar), I can tell a lot from what a restaurant uses just from having a starter dish.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:38 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I tried Mission Inn this Saturday and hated it. Service was wonderful but the food wasn't good. Anyone think differently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We tried it a year or so ago, based on comments here on CD and found the meal very disappointing. Haven't been back since. s/Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebondoe View Post
The wife and I stopped in one weekend and had an appetizer and a couple of drinks at Mission Inn and they used store tortilla rounds for their nachos (We’ve had better nachos at a sports bar), I can tell a lot from what a restaurant uses just from having a starter dish.
IIRC, there was a for sale sign on the place in last few months. We went once and never went back, food just wasn't good.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 PM

60 posts, read 286,265 times
Default Rancho Liborio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Is the deli in Rancho Liborio any good?
I'm not sure about the taqueria there but they have the best carne asada ranchra in their meat dept, which I think is better than what is sold at the Mexican market on Pikes Peak and Academy. Another thing I have found there is they sell super large flour tortillas for grande burritos. Being a southern California transplant of 6 years I appreciate a good Mexican market or restaurant in COS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or