U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,529,101 times

Advertisements

Let me refine the question: chalupas? quesidillas? beef tamales and enchiladas? breakfast taquitos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 PM

52 posts, read 183,193 times
There's Mexican food everywhere here...

Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,529,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanintokyo View Post
There's Mexican food everywhere here...
Yes, but Tex Mex is different from Arizona which is different from California which is different from Mexico (where they don't know how to make Mexican food...)

Old 03-08-2008, 08:03 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,417,375 times
You guys are funny!!

I am a mexican food freak!!!!!!!!It is my favorite, morning, noon and night!!
I like cheese enchilada's and pork carnitas.
In Canon City, there is El Corporal and Torerros. Chili's and Janey's Chili Wagon, Alphonsos (most authentic). All will do in a pinch but, I buy from locals or make my own!!

And, shouldn't admit to this but,..I was one of the first 300 employees hired when Casa Bonita opened!! Yes, it's true!! In my defense, I was 16 years old and it was a huge employer....quite the operation!! After 34 years...they are still open!! GO figure?!!
When I was younger, it was a Joslins store! FYI

Old 03-08-2008, 05:09 PM

214 posts, read 1,174,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
And, shouldn't admit to this but,..I was one of the first 300 employees hired when Casa Bonita opened!! FYI
We're not talking about that little place next to the Best Western are we? Don't recall the name but I'll take a pass on that one every year. I spent money there but it's only due to location, location, location.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:41 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,417,375 times
NO!
I should have clarified.....everyone was talking about Casa Bonita.
It is in Denver, on West Colfax.
It's all hype...waterfalls, cliff divers...huge..I was a seater....evryone got lost in there!!

Old 03-11-2008, 04:34 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,660,455 times
http://www.springsb2b.biz/images/tinyfrontpage1.jpg (broken link)

Business Spotlight (http://www.springsb2b.biz/Business_Spotlight.html - broken link)

Old 03-17-2008, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,853 times
Moved from Denver to CO Spgs this year .... and still haven't found really good mexican food. And we have tried at least half a dozen or more...
Western Omelette Restaurant taunted for best green chile .... was awful.
LaCasita .... just OK.
3 Margaritas .... not so good.
Sausa Brava ... yuppy mexican food ... OK but not real.

Help!!! Please ....
Looking for the small mom & pop ... hole in the wall .... just good food, good price, & good green chile. Am I asking too much.

Best places in Denver ... my opinion is at 44th and Tennyson ... LaCasita ... famous for their tamales ... but also the best green chile ever.
And just a few blocks away at 29th and Yates (just east of Sheridan)....LaCocina.
Those are our favorites and we have to go back for a fix every time we go to Denver.

We'll go out today and try Pueblo Viejo on Academy which was listed above... to continue our quest for good mex food in CO Spgs. We'll let you know.
But need some more suggestions, PLS.
Smitty

Old 03-17-2008, 01:42 PM

553 posts, read 1,415,909 times
I've suggested it before.....the Mission Inn on North Academy makes a great green chile and a terrific margarita. Family-owned, it's been around for 30 years now. Try the Mission Burrito Grande, smothered in green chile. You won't leave the table hungry.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:43 PM

43 posts, read 177,297 times
I'm so surprised that no one has mentioned Jose Muldoon's on Tejon st. downtown. Yummy yummy food and good margaritas. I am also from SoCal and this definitely satisfies the mexican craving. And the prices are good; we fed our family of 6 including drinks for $65.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or