U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 AM

60 posts, read 286,417 times

Advertisements

Smitty2,

Let me know what you thought od Pueblo Viejo as I really didn't enjoy the place.

If you want a palace with great Mex and great green chile go here. We went a few weeks ago and it was great, my wife and I plan on returning next time down in Pueblo. It's not much on the inside but the place had many patrons the day we were there. Note: They are closed on Sunday.

Romero's Cafe & Catering
2648 Santa Fe Dr Ste 4
Pueblo, CO 81006
Phone: (719) 542-4453
1 Reviews | Write a Review Ratings & Reviews Summary for Romero's Cafe & Catering
What Users are Saying:
Prompt seating
Good for kids
Good for groups
(0 reviews)
(1 reviews)
(0 reviews)
(0 reviews)
(0 reviews)
User Reviews for Romero's Cafe & Catering
12/08/2005 Posted by brentfm

Romeros has always been a favorite of mine for lunch. The food and staff are great! Not expensive, and the service always has been fast and efficient. Never had a bad meal... definately reccomend this place.

Pros: Inexpensive, Staff, Food

Cons: Location

Did you find this review helpful? Yes | No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 AM

60 posts, read 286,417 times
Cool Ramero's Cafe Article

The City-Data police deleted my post even though the reporters name and the name of the paper was clearly visible. I guess this is the way you are supposed to show people good articles.

Entertainment: Review: Award-winning chili is the star at Romero’s Cafe in Pueblo | chili, pueblo, romero : Gazette.com

Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 9,851 times
We found a new spot for us (although I think its been there forever)
El Taco Rey ... 330 East Colorado Avenue
So far best mexican food in Colorado Springs for us.
We got Pueblo Viejo, Mission Inn (and Romero when we visit Peublo)
Keep the suggestions coming.
Thanks, Smitty

Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,851 times
Oh, we did try Pueblo Viejo ..... ... just not our style I guess ....
We shared a burrito with burrito sauce (what!! what's burrito sauce) very strange tasting .... sorry didn't care for the one item we tried.
We've gone back to El Taco Rey for the second time ... very good food. Tiny (like 6 tables) and cute place. But good food is the point, and it's here.
Smitty

Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM

13,693 posts, read 21,511,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2 View Post
Best places in Denver ... my opinion is at 44th and Tennyson ... LaCasita ... famous for their tamales ... but also the best green chile ever.
Oh My Gosh! That's it! That's it! I swear that if you do a search on 44th and Tennyson and tamales and green and Indian Taco, you'll find at least two of my posts and this one!

I used to go there and there was this guy in this little place. He sold his tamales for 50 cents apiece; red or green chile inside the tamale, and I'd buy a quart of his green chile. To be honest, it was a bit runny and on the hot side. That was ok! It worked just fine for me.

You see, for my family- we use the Green as medicine. That and a hot toddy would cure ANY ailment. Drink this, eat that, and cover up! Keep that blanket on you! Your pores are open now!

I hope it's the same place. I hope that guy's still kickin. I bet he'd still remember me. I bet those tamales have doubled in price.

Used to be a place by Applejack's Liquor that had good green and food too. I'm almost sure it's gone. They had a malt shoppe too.

I'm getting hungry.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 10,299 times
Default Amandas Fonda

Amadas Fonda on the West side is probably the best mexican food in Colorado Springs! No lie! Carne Asada is to die for!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM

214 posts, read 1,173,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog72 View Post
Amadas Fonda on the West side is probably the best mexican food in Colorado Springs!
That's not saying much as some of us have pointed out. 'Fraid I need to disagree with you but someone must enjoy it as they do a brisk biz.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:06 PM

215 posts, read 631,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedbeans View Post
Personally, I dig baja style the most.

I have to 2nd Los Portales off Circle/Platte. They offer more baja Mexico style as the family operators are from Long Beach, CA. Excellent family recipes and a very delish salsa bar.
chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmy4 View Post
I'm so surprised that no one has mentioned Jose Muldoon's on Tejon st. downtown. Yummy yummy food and good margaritas. I am also from SoCal and this definitely satisfies the mexican craving. And the prices are good; we fed our family of 6 including drinks for $65.00.
I miss Baja style too. As I loved the Mexican food in San Diego. I guess I need to try Los Portales and Jose Muldoon's. I have tried Jose Muldoon's but it's been awhile. So I can't find info on Los Portales. Is there a website?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,526,585 times
Having read through these posts it seems that here is a market crying for at least one really good Mexican Restaurant. Where are the entrepeneurs out there? If you made it TexMex that would be muy bueno for me.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:00 PM

808 posts, read 3,211,483 times
Last time I was in Colorado Springs, which was about 2 years ago now, I had some excellent Mexican food at a place called The Queen Bee-n, which is on Circle Drive just south of Airport. That being said, I looked at some reviews on the internet and they were less than favorable, so it may be hit-or-miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or