Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 AM

16 posts, read 12,111 times

Advertisements

The thought of you throwing up in your mouth makes me SICK. Just don't get a hideous garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS-Urbanist View Post
Just threw up in my mouth at this terrible covenant... Heaven forbid someone have to get out of their car when they are not already in their house... What they should do is outlaw the hideous garages for facades the suburbs have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM

5,161 posts, read 11,397,315 times
Please, let's stay on the topic of biracial children... if people want to talk about garages, you are welcome to start a thread on that topic.

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 AM

16 posts, read 12,111 times
Great Idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Please, let's stay on the topic of biracial children... if people want to talk about garages, you are welcome to start a thread on that topic.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,878,592 times
captain, i am in your shoes, hard to know where in Colo Springs a multiracial family would be safest. there is racism all over and all people see color, unless they are color blind, physically(they would still see black and white, lol). I am interested in knowing if there are rural or more rural areas around CS that could be safe for Multiracial families. there is race related crimes in colorado like all other states, they arent immuned(check out SPLC-southern poverty law centers, HATEWATCH, it gives a listing of all the hate crimes in each state and what the crimes were and location). It is hard finding a place where we are accepted but i know how you feel, we are trying to choose between CS, Seattle and Austin, Tx.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,288,325 times
Default Interesting thread!

I'm also interested in the replies here about the racial climate in CS. We're now a transracial family since adopting our daughter--who happens to be biracial. Currently living in SW Ohio and have been very disappointed (although not surprised) at the still obvious segregation and lack of tolerance to diversity. However, we are a military family and are looking at being relocated to CS as well. I would imagine with the big military population there that diversity would be a no-brainer, as transracial families are very visible in the military. But with CS being so "conservative" I have my worries too. So, if you do make the move, choose a military heavy neighborhood; that would definitely be your best bet. Like you, I don't want my daughter to be the only child of color in her class. You just want your family to blend-in and be accepted, who wouldn't? Families like us do have to look longer and harder but surely CS is better than some southern states and the midwest in terms of embracing diversity. Goodluck.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM

thats awesome cjmeck, we adopted from china! Conservative will not be the problem, the issue is poverty, lack of education, dangerous environments. there are closed minded of the left and right so its not about that really.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 PM

140 posts, read 438,846 times
Spring Creek... We love our military families and we are close to base... I would guess around 65% military neighborhood.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 AM

565 posts, read 1,840,535 times
Colorado Springs is supposed to be 60% military, military retiree, or working for the military. Hard not to find a military neighborhood here!

...also hard NOT to find Bi-racial couples or children in any part of town. I wonder if we actually have more mixed White/Black marriages than Black/Black marriages here.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM

now that sounds soo great reginhild

Old 02-24-2009, 04:19 PM

91,948 posts, read 122,044,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginhild View Post
Colorado Springs is supposed to be 60% military, military retiree, or working for the military. Hard not to find a military neighborhood here!

...also hard NOT to find Bi-racial couples or children in any part of town. I wonder if we actually have more mixed White/Black marriages than Black/Black marriages here.
You are right about how places with a strong military influence tend to have their share of interracial couples and families. I would think that almost anywhere in CO. Springs would be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs