U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 AM

186 posts, read 656,839 times

Advertisements

There are a couple of singles meetup.com groups here that might help you to find some single women. I don't belong to them myself, but they look to be quite active.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:13 AM

435 posts, read 761,061 times
first I am pretty certain anything that pertains to Jay and Silent Bob is a joke. but about the dating scene in the Springs being lame. well when I got here in 00' I didn't have any problems finding women in a wide range of ages that were single. you can go for a run at Monment Valley Park and met alot fo women. or do like I did in the end I started online dating and found my wife who lived 2 blocks from me. she was a workaholic and didn't do the bar scene. now I am not saying it always works but in the 5 years I did online dating I met some really awesome women and some wierd ones too. but either way most of them weren't into the bar scene. so good luck and keep your eyes open. it seem like when I stopped looking then that is when I met my wife.[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There are typically many single women in a church. Outside an abortion clinic!? You would prefer that woman to one you would meet in church? Don't take out a big life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary. There may still be some woman SS concentration camp guards still alive if you like older murderous women. OK, I'm getting carried away here, but what's wrong with a woman that goes to church?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 AM

140 posts, read 295,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
first I am pretty certain anything that pertains to Jay and Silent Bob is a joke. [
Yes, it was a joke... Sorry if someone thought I was actually serious.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,785,861 times
Sorry I overreacted. I need to work on my ability to sense humor!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 AM

2,438 posts, read 5,104,077 times
Quote:
...what's wrong with a woman that goes to church?
I don't think anyone in here is saying there's something wrong with women who go to church. It's the idea of going to church just to meet women... can you say, 'smarmy'? I don't think stalking them in a public recreational area (referring to that Monument Valley Park suggestion) is such a good idea either. Online dating seems lame too, though I've never done it, but at least, with online dating, women expect to meet men on the prowl (and vice versa) when they go in there.

Can't you just join a social/activity club?

Or, like others suggested... stop trying so hard to find a date... instead, maybe try forging meaningful friendships and a suitable mate is bound to arise eventually.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM

546 posts, read 846,493 times
Quote:
There are typically many single women in a church. Outside an abortion clinic!? You would prefer that woman to one you would meet in church? Don't take out a big life insurance policy and make her the beneficiary. There may still be some woman SS concentration camp guards still alive if you like older murderous women. OK, I'm getting carried away here, but what's wrong with a woman that goes to church?
My thoughts exactly!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM

147 posts, read 419,787 times
Eric81 - your sentiments are exactly what my 29 year old single daughter, as well as many former co-workers have told me many times. My daughter said that the grocery store and the library have actually been two of the places where she has met, in her words, "normal" men. She would agree that Denver is the place to go for dating as Colorado Springs is very much geared towards families. Not a bad thing at all, but if you are single not so good.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 AM

435 posts, read 761,061 times
[quote=treedonkey;7420816]I don't think stalking them in a public recreational area (referring to that Monument Valley Park suggestion) is such a good idea either. Online dating seems lame too, though I've never done it[quote]
hey bro by going to Monument Valley Park and exercising isn't a from of stalking. there are alot of single women that go there just to have fun and exercise. plus most people I have met that flame online dating has never done it. but you know something I don't recommend something I haven't tried. because then it isn't a really good suggestion IMO. but you have your opinions too just I think you were trashing mine without understanding that I actually tried these ideas and they worked.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
hey bro by going to Monument Valley Park and exercising isn't a from of stalking. there are alot of single women that go there just to have fun and exercise. plus most people I have met that flame online dating has never done it. but you know something I don't recommend something I haven't tried. because then it isn't a really good suggestion IMO. but you have your opinions too just I think you were trashing mine without understanding that I actually tried these ideas and they worked.
First, I'm not your brother so please don't refer to me as 'bro'. Second, if you're exercising publicly as a way to pick up on women, then many of them will no doubt see it as stalking. That's why so many women prefer to workout indoors at places like curves and such -- to keep all the smarmy guys away. Third, I wasn't trashing you or your post, just asserting my own opinion on how NOT to meet women. Fourth, I don't know about online dating because I've never done it, but it seems a little desperate to me. I'm sure those who do it feel otherwise though, which is fine.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:39 PM

I do have to admit -- I met my wife in college when I was just 21 and she was only 18. We were inseparable as we dated for 7 years, and have now been married for another 8, so I really don't know what it's like to be 'out there', and I don't know what I'd do if I were in the OP's shoes.

But the idea of people exercising in the park and looking for women at the same time does not sit very well with me. My wife won't even workout in the park here without me around, because of men coming up and hitting on her in the past while she was just minding her own business. I doubt that these men are consciously stalking her, but I believe a woman, married or single, should have a right to visit the park or the mountains or any other public place without getting hit on and certainly without feeling threatened. I suppose if you're just minding your own business and a woman initiates conversation with you, then that's another matter, but that is rarely the case, at least in my experience.

As I mentioned before, some sort of activity club seems like a good idea, especially if it's geared toward singles. But what do I know? I've never tried it.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: orphaned comment deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs