U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2009, 02:29 PM

2,438 posts, read 5,130,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Bodhicitta Bakery in Palmer Lake

(719) 487-1555
780 S Highway 105 # B
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
So sad. Bodhicitta Bakery was excellent, but it just closed down forever because some inspector came in and wanted them to put and additional hood over the oven which would have cost $10k so they had to just shot down. Bureaucracy at its finest.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 08:14 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,184,628 times
The one in Mesa Ridge Shoppette in Fountain is called Eloe's German Deli.
I go there and get their bolgna and herbed butter when I visit my bro and sis in law!!!! LOVE their food!!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:00 AM

47 posts, read 99,468 times
Post back if you find a bakery that makes decent Brechen

Old 06-11-2009, 09:38 AM

53 posts, read 134,945 times
What is Brechen?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:12 AM

47 posts, read 99,468 times
I may be misspelling the name or ill-informed but it was a hearty crusty wonderful german bread that my neighbor shared with me. Very Tasty and quite different from what we have here in Japan...Japanese bread tends to be very light and fluffy with a soft crust.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,754,212 times
Try Wimbergers for the german beer!

Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 PM

17,404 posts, read 24,787,919 times
Default Golden Harvest Bread Company

Today, the Golden Harvest Bread Co opened its new north location up on Voyager Pkwy, across the street from Compassion Intl. It's in the same strip mall as the All American Sports Cafe, New Panda Chinese Restaurant, etc.

This location has food service on-site as well as the usual line of fresh, locally baked breads, plus Peet's Coffee & Tea.

I'm a big fan of their Honey Whole Wheat and their bag of chocolate chip cookie mix makes the BEST cookies.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM

17,404 posts, read 24,787,919 times
Default New Pastry Shop to Open

The former site of the Golden Harvest Bread Co, in the King Soopers shopping center at Woodmen and Academy, is slated to get a pastry shop this October. Info per the Gazette:
"Heidi Cottrill, an award-winning pastry chef, will open Chef Sugar’s Cakes and Confections at 6942 N Academy Blvd in October. The cake studio will have an open kitchen where you can have a cup of coffee and a sweet treat while watching the pastry chef in action...."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 PM

170 posts, read 431,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelties4 View Post
There is another bakery on the Northeast side at Tutt and N. Carefree - Altitude Sweets Bakery. Not European in nature, but really great breads, pastries, candies, cookies, cinnamon rolls that won 07 and 08 Best of the Springs, and KOLACHES.

Kolaches are a must try if you haven't yet, my favorite at the moment is sausage and gravy.
I second this place. We had a cupcake birthday cake made here. It was excellent. Great cinnamon rolls too.

Panera is also good.
I dont' think anyone mentioned Costco. They have a great bakery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs