Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:57 PM

24 posts, read 99,256 times

Advertisements

ALso, a friend of mine used to belong to the Methodist Church over on the road leading from the middle school to the high school and they were SO NICE and really into their music!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:35 PM

76 posts, read 293,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBunch7 View Post
Well, we finally made it to Woodland Park!!!! We've been here a week and just LOVE IT!!!!
Yay!!! So fun to see your dream come true, huh?

Carrie

Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 PM

24 posts, read 99,256 times
Default Woodland Park tell me how it is....what do you like about it?

I moved away in 2002 and it was awful hard to have to drive down to the Springs for a pair of socks( or anything little like that). I know there's a Wal-Mart now, but someone told me there was a new familly pool and rec. center. Is that true? Are the schools still K-5 and 6-8 over at the Middle School? And isn't their a new Library and the dinosaur center seems hoppin'. I have always intended on moving back and want to start the research and aim for next summer. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,884,332 times
No Rec Center, yet at least. The Library is very nice, but I don't use it. The WP WalMart is the best Wally World in the state, IMO. The 15 minute drive down to I25 isn't bad at all to get away from the traffic and crime that big cities have.

There are 3 Elementary schools (Columbine, Gateway, and Summit), the Middle School, and the High School.

Still waiting for another big box (Home Depot/Lowes), and a some more restaurant options. The Dairy Queen closed shop a few months back, Primos is gone (wasn't here long), and Martini Hut closed down. We did get a Papa Murphy's after WalMart game into town, so hopefully more places follow.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:19 PM

71 posts, read 326,385 times
My family and I just moved here 2 weeks ago and we love it!!! If I had to commute 20-30 minutes to a city I-24 is the road I'd want to travel down...just gorgeous!!!

The town has pretty much eveything we need...not any of the big cain restaurants like red Lobster or Olive Garden...but there seem to be several other steak houses, etc that we haven't tried yet...yet.

The residential areas are simply amazing! So many custom homes...it neat to see how people have put their yards together.

We're staying forever!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:23 PM

71 posts, read 326,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA state View Post
WOW, just noticed fun bunch really moved there! Good for you. IF you notice any "oxygen sickness" or need a boost while hiking etc. check out that little herbal store down by City Market if it's still there and they hve some oxygenated drops that they sell a lot of to tourists. Really helps the transition. Also blu green algae. Take care and post how it goes, we are thinking of moving back in 2010 if jobs go as planned.
We haven't really experienced this altitude sickness we've heard so much about...but we have been taking it kind of easy...we do take alot of walks and see foxes, deer, horses, and squirrels...we have videos of them all...we never leave home withut our video camera!

It's amazing that in EVERY direction there is green anture and wild life...and it get DARK here at night!

I'm looking for a Bear...

Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 AM

64 posts, read 288,640 times
LOL My husband and I have been waiting to see our first bear too.

Eric - I could have sworn I saw a rec center across from the park (right by that little skateboarding area) and I thought I saw people going inside. I could definitely be wrong but maybe it did open again?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,884,332 times
I think that's the Parks and Recreation's building. The only swimming pool in WP is at the Country Lodge Hotel. There are a couple private gyms but that's about it. We realllllllly need a rec center with indoor courts, pool(s), and cardio equipment.

Only article I can find is this, which is a couple years old: Woodland Park eyes rec center | Gazette, The (Colorado Springs) | Find Articles at BNET

Go here and take the survey: Woodland Park Comprehensive Plan |

One of the questions is would you use a Rec center

Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 AM

64 posts, read 288,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEricHarris View Post
I think that's the Parks and Recreation's building.
Oh, gotcha!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM

131 posts, read 360,400 times
Our family is looking to be there soon too. Just worried about jobs. I am retail. I can transfer. Hubby construction. Is that picking up? The construction that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs