Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:51 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,926 times

Advertisements

Ok...let's keep this topic focused on the positive things in your life. It seems that so many of the other topics turn negative so quickly...we truly do have a lot to be thankful for, so let's focus on that...here are a few questions to get us started:

What are you thankful for?

What is the best thing that's happened to you in the past 6 months?

What do you like about Colorado Springs the most?

What is your favorite thing to do in Colorado Springs?

What is a goal you have that you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year?

Hope everyone is enjoying our nice weather...Spring is right around the corner!!!

p.s. Daylight Saving Time is less than two weeks away...woohoo!!! Get ready to fire up the grill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
Great post idea!

I'm always thankful for the clear, bright, sunny days that we have here. It just makes you feel good.

I moved here from the DC area and grew up in various states on the east coast. That has it's own perks and benefits, I suppose, but I thought summers were just miserable in DC, NC, SC, MS, and GA. The summers are so humid. In DC, there's a haze that gives the sky a neutral color all summer. Walking around outside can just make you miserable.

Out here, because the humidity is low, summers are hot, but much more bearable....dry heat just isn't bad.

Also, without the humidity, everything's in techni-color. On clear days, the sky is the most vivid blue! It's like someone turned up the color on a TV. I love it.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt007 View Post
Ok...let's keep this topic focused on the positive things in your life. It seems that so many of the other topics turn negative so quickly...we truly do have a lot to be thankful for, so let's focus on that...here are a few questions to get us started:

Hope everyone is enjoying our nice weather...Spring is right around the corner!!!

p.s. Daylight Saving Time is less than two weeks away...woohoo!!! Get ready to fire up the grill...
How about you? How would you answer your own questions?

I just received my relo packet from CS a couple of weeks ago, and am looking it over, as well as three others.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
I'm thankful for good health and a nice home.
I love the weather of Colorado Springs.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
How about you? How would you answer your own questions?

I just received my relo packet from CS a couple of weeks ago, and am looking it over, as well as three others.

I'm thankful that I have two daughters (14, 10) who love me so much. They are doing incredibly well in school (14 year old is a straight "A" student as a HS Freshman...actually straight "A's" last 4 years). Both are very positive, well-mannered, kind-hearted girls who simply love life.

I got engaged to a very special woman. I'm a single dad and have been raising my girls pretty much on my own...my girls love my fiancé and she loves them. She's a blessing from above and we're all looking forward to growing closer together.

The weather, especially the low humidity and the many days of sunshine!

Play softball. I love playing ball throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. I play in a few different leagues and love the many fields across Colorado Springs. It's fun to do with the family, especially in the summer.

Run a marathon. I've never run one before and my goal is to start training this spring and run the American Discovery Trail Marathon, here in town this September. Ohhhhh boy....

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
What are you thankful for? -job, home, family, friends, beautiful place to live What is the best thing that's happened to you in the past 6 months? -staying healthy maybe What do you like about Colorado Springs the most? - natural beauty, great weather, low humidity What is your favorite thing to do in Colorado Springs? - go for a walk or watch a movie What is a goal you have that you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year? - I'm working on memorizing some scripture Hope everyone is enjoying our nice weather...Spring is right around the corner!!! -At the xeriscape center today I saw the beginnings of some things coming up from the ground, and saw the first crocus there. p.s. Daylight Saving Time is less than two weeks away...woohoo!!! Get ready to fire up the grill... - Wow, that's amazing! I just hadn't put it together that it was so soon.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt007 View Post
I'm thankful that I have two daughters (14, 10) who love me so much. They are doing incredibly well in school (14 year old is a straight "A" student as a HS Freshman...actually straight "A's" last 4 years). Both are very positive, well-mannered, kind-hearted girls who simply love life.

I got engaged to a very special woman. I'm a single dad and have been raising my girls pretty much on my own...my girls love my fiancé and she loves them. She's a blessing from above and we're all looking forward to growing closer together.

The weather, especially the low humidity and the many days of sunshine!

Play softball. I love playing ball throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. I play in a few different leagues and love the many fields across Colorado Springs. It's fun to do with the family, especially in the summer.

Run a marathon. I've never run one before and my goal is to start training this spring and run the American Discovery Trail Marathon, here in town this September. Ohhhhh boy....

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
What a neat post. It makes me feel good just to read it.

As for me, I'm thankful for my good health, nice home and disgustingly (LOL) great winter weather.

The best thing that has happened to me in the past 6 months are the neat people I've met here.

Before the end of the year, I hope to explore CO (including CS and FC) more.....and find a place with colder winters, milder summers and good skiing close by.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Thanks for sharing everyone...let's keep this post going. Surely there must be a lot of others who have some good things to share!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
Also, without the humidity, everything's in techni-color. On clear days, the sky is the most vivid blue! It's like someone turned up the color on a TV. I love it.
Exactly! The colors are really vibrant out here...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
The best thing that has happened to me in the past 6 months are the neat people I've met here.

Love that answer. I too love the people here, especially my neighbors. Strong friendships/relationships are so critical to enjoying daily life, regardless of where you live.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs