Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,478 times

Advertisements

I am A LPN who just moved to Aluquerque I hate it here please give me some insite on Colorado Springs it is not far and it will be a easy move. Thanks Pearl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 02:26 PM

54 posts, read 146,529 times
Hi roseharley. Sorry you are hating Albuquerque. I'm almost native Colorado Springs. Let me see if I can help you. We have 4 main hospitals Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital North, Penrose St. Francis, and Penrose Main Downtown. Plus with your experience, there are many medical clinics for work. Do you want a close commute? Do you have specific needs with children's schools? Or maybe you have hobbies like hiking, mountain biking, shopping you'd like to be close to. Also are you looking to rent or buy? I know... ton of questions but there are so many people on this forum that have good advice but if you can narrow down your wants, I might be able to get you closer to a great place to live.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,378 times
Smile Lpn

Hi,
I am thinking of moving out to Colorado, I am also an LPN, but have worked in a specialized area of case management. Will they hire LPN's out there? Also, looking to live in the "country" suggestions in Colorado??
Trish

Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
Penrose tends to hire more LPNs than Memorial. They are both in a hiring freeze I believe. My wife is a RN and tried to apply there a month back and nothing was available. Might be best using a travel agency if all else fails. See lots of postings on Craigslist (http://cosprings.craigslist.org).

Old 03-23-2009, 02:43 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
What's an LPN?

Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
licensed practical nurse?

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
LPN's are limited in what they can do by state laws, where RNs have more responsbilities since they have more formal training.

LPN jobs are harder to find in hospitals since they are phasing them out. But MD offices and care facilities use them quite a bit.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:18 AM

5 posts, read 65,776 times
Wow USATraveler, guess you don't like Colorado Springs much do you? Roseharlee i really don't know about the jobs available to LPN's here, but I can tell you that I do not agree with the previous poster about Colo Spgs being a right wing extremist epicenter. I have lived here on and off for the last 30 years, and have been in Colo Spgs consistently for the last 15 years. I am not stuck in Colo Spgs, I choose to live here because I think it is a wonderful city. Plus all the people I know work hard, enjoy their family's and choose to live in this beautiful city.

Best of luck to you no matter where you decide to live.

By the way my sister lives in Albuquerque and she would love to move back here.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 PM

310 posts, read 1,246,015 times
I was born and raised in Abq for 30 years and have lived in the Springs for 9 years. The bummer with Abq is that everyone thinks it's Mexico, the pay is horrible, the landscape is brown, it's hot, everything is adobe, and it feels like you are in a tiny corner of the world. The good things are the Mexican food and traffic. Sound about right?

Well, the Springs is not a whole lot better. It is better, I think, overall, but not terribly.

Compared to Abq, the Springs is very, very conservative and very, very white. The weather is way colder, however the summers are nice and cool. It is way greener, way more hilly and the streets are very curvy. The streets and buildings are nicer for the most part, although the weather tears the streets up. The pay is better here, but the restaurants are awful for the most part. It is a more plastic city than Abq. There is no culture. There are only about 3 native Americans here. The downtown is in a better part of town and is a little more centrally located compared to Abq's downtown. It has better natural beauty I think and Denver is close enough to check out on the weekends. Also, Abq. is the "big city" in NM. Col Spgs is not the "big city" in CO...Denver is. So Abq. has way more hospitals than Co Spgs.

My advice? Go to Denver. It's way more fun, way bigger, and the pay is better.

Col Spgs is more of a step sideways than up.

Hope it helps!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM

18 posts, read 49,149 times
Colo Spgs and Denver are two very different cities. Visit them both and see which you like best.

Personally, I like the smaller size, less traffic, and closer mountain in Colorado Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs