Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:22 AM

454 posts, read 1,221,069 times

Advertisements

Hawaii is big on the native thing too. So I think it is really common if you look around for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM

310 posts, read 1,243,599 times
I love the "Not Native, but I got here as fast as I could!"
Good god...get a life already. I picture this baby in diapers crying because he can't go to Colorado. And then on his 18th birthday, he finally gets to go! He blows out the candles, grabs his old suitcase, kisses his mommy, and he's off, running through a meadow with music playing. The governor interviews him and a jury of natives deliberate for six months and then finally award him the precious bumper sticker. Tears in his eyes I guess...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,165,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Hawaii is big on the native thing too. So I think it is really common if you look around for it.
Yes. In fact, having several of my own friends and family members living in the islands now, I'd say Hawaii is about as bad as it gets... There are so many people who, for obvious reasons, choose to move there, and so many more that resent them for it.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:55 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,942,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Is it a Native pride thing as in Native Islander or a Native of the state thing there? I have my Comanche Nation sticker put proudly on my car (yes I am enrolled, grew up that way, speak the language, am culturally as well as genetically Comanche and all that). If it is a Native Islander thing, I understand that. Native people are proud of our cultures.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM

121 posts, read 451,141 times
If you're not sure then chances are you are not.

A true test of a Colorado Native is whether or not they root for the Denver Broncos (every season regardless of wins/losses and players).

And what's up with the "I donate more and litter less" than many natives . . . HUH!!?? Where did that come from?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM

278 posts, read 447,416 times
Our local woodturning club has sold thousands of these bumper stickers all over the country - go figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Native and Semi Native Bumper Stickers LOL-woodturner4.jpg  

Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 AM

454 posts, read 1,221,069 times
well you can be a native of the islands these days and not look native. as far as I know if you look like a "howley" (blond hair, blue eyed foreigner)then you aren't wanted. and there is alot of resentment since they think there land has been taken away by the white man. now there culture is inter mixed with Japanesse and Philipinos so it is a big mixture there. now I typing what my coworker (he lives in Hawaii and is working in Iraq with me) is telling me so this is not my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Is it a Native pride thing as in Native Islander or a Native of the state thing there? I have my Comanche Nation sticker put proudly on my car (yes I am enrolled, grew up that way, speak the language, am culturally as well as genetically Comanche and all that). If it is a Native Islander thing, I understand that. Native people are proud of our cultures.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,165,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love colo summers View Post
If you're not sure then chances are you are not.

A true test of a Colorado Native is whether or not they root for the Denver Broncos (every season regardless of wins/losses and players).

And what's up with the "I donate more and litter less" than many natives . . . HUH!!?? Where did that come from?
Actually, what I said was,
"I'd be willing to bet that I litter less, support the local arts and parks more, and treat my neighbors with greater respect than a lot of folks who consider themselves 'natives'."

And it came from my brain. My point was that what truly determines a good citizens is how we ACT - whether we treat the community and the environment with respect and thoughtfulness - not just how long we've lived there.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:22 PM

121 posts, read 451,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Actually, what I said was,
"I'd be willing to bet that I litter less, support the local arts and parks more, and treat my neighbors with greater respect than a lot of folks who consider themselves 'natives'."

And it came from my brain. My point was that what truly determines a good citizens is how we ACT - whether we treat the community and the environment with respect and thoughtfulness - not just how long we've lived there.
Sorry for the mis-quote; I was pretty close.

Although I don't have a "native" sticker on my car (I think they're pretty stupid myself), I'm sure the meaning is not "I'm a good citizen".

I'm with you; I appreciate all "good" neighbors regardless of where you're from. The meaning of good is rather subjective, but I agree it has less to do with where you were born/raised, but probably more to do with who gave birth to you and who raised you.

Maybe that can be your bumper sticker: Colorado Mountain scene with "Good Citizen".

Old 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM

71 posts, read 325,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado04 View Post
I HAVE to ask ...what is with all the bumper stickers ???? of all the places I have lived NEVER have I seen so many people feel the need to stick stickers on their car trying to tell the world they are a native of a state actually i havent seen any other state with them.....and what is with semi native haha ........people who cares? There is obviously and underlying message there Im just not sure what it is lol
I agree with you...thats why the 3 bumper stickers I have on my car are all blank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs