U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Washington
5 posts, read 34,949 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

I am not really interested in living right in the middle of a big city. Can anyone tell me of some nice, quiet suburban areas of COS? Preferably with less crime than what I am hearing about COS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2007, 04:23 AM
 
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska (moving to Ohio)
673 posts, read 3,691,969 times
Reputation: 468
Colorado Springs has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country for a city its size. And even that is mainly confined to the Southeast or East-central areas of Colorado Springs.

Green Mountain Falls and Woodland Park areas are very safe suburbs 15 to 20 miles from Colorado Springs and they also are against the mountains. So that area has alot of hiking, cross country skiing and mountain biking.

Green Mountain Falls and Woodland Park also have cooler days in the summer time. So even in the middle of the summer it will usually only be in the 70s during the day and 40s and even 30s at night. Its higher elevation up there.

Also, Manitou Springs and the Old Colorado City area right on the edge of Colorado Springs you might also really like also. Old Colorado City is a neighborhood with well-kept older homes and a quaint retail area along West Colorado Avenue.

Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City near the western edge of Colorado Springs also are fairly liberal areas also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
10 posts, read 52,215 times
Reputation: 12
I was up in Falcon (NE) yesterday. It is a short drive into the city and has a nice community feel.
Aggie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2007, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
649 posts, read 2,648,992 times
Reputation: 179
Monument, Blackforest, Larkspur and Woodland Park are great communities for lots of trees. Peyton and Falcon are more like the plains. They all have that small town kinda feel, but no too bad of commute to the Springs. Your price range will be a factor in where you can look to buy or live. bashep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2014, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Indiana
15 posts, read 18,745 times
Reputation: 13
Default Wonder why you moved from Colorado Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
Colorado Springs has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country for a city its size. And even that is mainly confined to the Southeast or East-central areas of Colorado Springs.

Green Mountain Falls and Woodland Park areas are very safe suburbs 15 to 20 miles from Colorado Springs and they also are against the mountains. So that area has alot of hiking, cross country skiing and mountain biking.

Green Mountain Falls and Woodland Park also have cooler days in the summer time. So even in the middle of the summer it will usually only be in the 70s during the day and 40s and even 30s at night. Its higher elevation up there.

Also, Manitou Springs and the Old Colorado City area right on the edge of Colorado Springs you might also really like also. Old Colorado City is a neighborhood with well-kept older homes and a quaint retail area along West Colorado Avenue.

Manitou Springs and Old Colorado City near the western edge of Colorado Springs also are fairly liberal areas also.
I Live in Indiana and am Moving to Colorado and it's starting to look like Colorado Springs and everything there seems so wonderful I was wondering why you moved. I'm not sure if this is going to be posted or a private message as I'm techtarded and still trying to figure this site out but could you DM or PM me please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2014, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,886 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Reputation: 18290
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdzd View Post
I am not really interested in living right in the middle of a big city. Can anyone tell me of some nice, quiet suburban areas of COS? Preferably with less crime than what I am hearing about COS.
"Big city"??? I love your sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Colorado
409 posts, read 557,944 times
Reputation: 351
Er, most of Colorado Springs is very suburban in feel, if not actually outside of the city limits. Pretty much everything outside of the SE part of town has very little crime. What else are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
553 posts, read 1,414,854 times
Reputation: 504
What would be the suburbs in a typical city are all still part of Colorado Springs here. Geographically, our city is HUGE. Depending on your budget, there are dozens of COS neighborhoods that are essentially suburbs of the downtown city center. Briargate, Garden Ranch, Rockrimmon, Village Seven, Springs Ranch, and on and on. Your mailing address in these neighborhoods says "Colorado Springs," but the feel is most definitely that you're in the Springs' suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 07:46 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 4,702,524 times
Reputation: 5358
This thread was necro-ed. It is dead. Mike, would you please split this thread into the old one and the new one, then delete my comment of course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 02:19 AM
 
Location: Na'alehu Hawaii/Buena Vista Colorado
4,623 posts, read 9,109,755 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaw Dori View Post
I'm not sure if this is going to be posted or a private message as I'm techtarded and still trying to figure this site out but could you DM or PM me please
Anytime you post at the bottom on the thread and hit "post quick reply", it gets posted for everyone to see. Clicking on "go advanced" will let you add emoticons. To send someone a direct message, go up to the top right hand corner of the page where you see "Welcome Mamaw Dori". In the third line in that box is something in blue that says "Direct Message". Click on that and it will take you to another page where you can write a message and choose a member to send it to. When that person responds, then you will see an additional line in that same box that says "Notifications:1". Click on that and it will take you to your messages. Anytime you see something in blue and underlined, that is a link that you can click on.

Last edited by Dreaming of Hawaii; 10-19-2014 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: added some comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top