Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 11,593 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Colorado Springs, coming from Illinois. My husband "loves!!" Woodland Park, living in the mountains. It's his dream. We have 2 elementary age kids. What do you guys think about Woodland Park? We found a most excellent house and think it's beautiful. It's in the mountains, but also a neighborhood. I am wondering about the schools. They ranked 7 out of 10 on the greatschools.net web site. Help, p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 08:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
You're gonna love Colorado.

Lots of info already here on Woodland Park. Use the Search this Forum tool with keyword WOODLAND and/or any other topics of interest to you, and you will find tons of info already posted.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:41 AM

11 posts, read 83,683 times
Default Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado-bound View Post
We are relocating to Colorado Springs, coming from Illinois. My husband "loves!!" Woodland Park, living in the mountains. It's his dream. We have 2 elementary age kids. What do you guys think about Woodland Park? We found a most excellent house and think it's beautiful. It's in the mountains, but also a neighborhood. I am wondering about the schools. They ranked 7 out of 10 on the greatschools.net web site. Help, p

I live in Texas(Dallas area) and my family and I really want to relocate to Woodland Park, too! My husband needs to find a job first. Would you mind sharing where your husband found a job? We're looking for any sort of "leads".
My husband is looking for a Senior .net programmer/architect type position.
There doesn't seem to be alot of those kinds of jobs in COS.
We went to look at some houses in WP over spring break. We found a great one up in the mountains! It was really remote. I love downtown WP. What neighborhood did you look in? I think one of the neighborhoods we saw was Aspen Hills or Woods.
Well, I wish you and your family the best of luck.
Lisa

Old 04-26-2007, 11:12 AM

18 posts, read 115,049 times
Default Woodland Park

Can anyone tell me, I am very interested in the Woodland Park area. Not so much the "in" area but the more woodsy area.
When there is snow, do they clear the path to the main street? I have never lived in snow before so I don't know how much I need to take care of.

I would appreciate some help from you.
Thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

291 posts, read 2,075,392 times
Moving to snow country requires some thought. I live in the city and decided my 120-foot driveway was too much to shovel. I now have a 40-footer. You might be stranded for a few days if you get too far off the main roads. Eventually every public road gets plowed, and mountain locations do have more plows to work with.

To find out if the road you are considering gets plowed, ask the schools if it is on a bus route (the school bus routes are on our town's web site). They get plowed first. But even that may not help. Our biggest snow here happened just as the schools were breaking for Christmas, so we went an extra day without access.

You might want to do a search on snow country & mountain living. Some hazards are never considered, sometimes with serious results. One homeowner well north of Woodland Park only shoveled his driveway wide enough for his pickup truck. His house burned down because it was not wide enough for a fire truck to get up the driveway in the snow, and it was too far off the road for the hoses to reach. An isolated example, but it illustrates things to think about.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,124,581 times
Ask the neighbors of that community...they should be able to tell you real quick. Better yet, have your realtor find out, our realtor didn't hesitate to go door to door asking questions for us.
I haven't heard anything negative about Woodland Park to be honest. We like to go through on our way to our camping spot- up past Lake George/Terryall.
GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:49 PM

235 posts, read 355,402 times
LOL - yes pick a short driveway on a paved street in an established neighborhood unless you love shoveling or plowing. As a spotter for the Weather Service, we've had 145 inches (12+ feet) of show so far this winter in Woodland Park (including a foot last night, May 6). Last snow can be as late as mid June. First snow can come in early September.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 AM

59 posts, read 329,633 times
We are going to be in CS from next monday for a week. His first week of a new job. Then we will be home a week and then the big "move" up a mile! I will write about what I think of the neighborhoods when I return. I have a agent going to drive me around and show me all the different places.

Cheryl

Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 11,203 times
Dear Dallas, we are in Louisiana about to move to Woodland Park. I lived in Dallas for 6 years so this will be a big change for us as well. I just did a job search although I'm lucky enough to have found work - and there is an architect position open in WP now. Check it out!
I just did a basic online job search for WP and it popped up.
Keep in touch and we'll compare how we're doing together! Heather G

Old 05-14-2007, 07:56 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,665 times
Colorado-bound, Blinky: The must haves for living rural up here (I live in Holiday HIlls outside WP):
1-county roads/school bus routes are snow-plowed first
2-south and west exposure on driveways is critical if you dont want ice build up and dont want to have to shovel a lot
3-always get septic inspected or pay the consequences (we just had one put in, $8K OUCH)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs