Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,691 times

Advertisements

Territory Days is a 3 day street festival held each year over Memorial Day weekend commemorating Old Colorado City as the first territorial capitol of the Colorado. "Territory Days" will celebrate it's 34th year on May 23, 24 and 25 this year. This celebration has grown from a small neighborhood craft fair into a three-day street festival which hosts over 200 craft, commercial and food booths, and has over 100,000 attendees from around the country.

2009 marks the Sesquicentennial celebration (150 years) for Old Colorado City.

Old Colorado City | Old Town... New Experience (http://www.shopoldcoloradocity.com/content.php?id=98 - broken link)

I have to say, after picking up a pizza at Pizza Rustica and driving around, etc, I was reminded that the westside and the OCC may very well be the best part of Colorado Springs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,443 times
Territory Days is a terrific event, but parking is a nightmare. They have shuttle busses (free!) running from Coronado HS. I strongly recommend avoiding bringing your car to OCC. Park at Coronado and avoid the hassle.

Oh, and leave the dog and the stroller at home.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 AM

1,453 posts, read 1,857,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Territory Days is a 3 day street festival held each year over Memorial Day weekend commemorating Old Colorado City as the first territorial capitol of the Colorado. "Territory Days" will celebrate it's 34th year on May 23, 24 and 25 this year. This celebration has grown from a small neighborhood craft fair into a three-day street festival which hosts over 200 craft, commercial and food booths, and has over 100,000 attendees from around the country.

2009 marks the Sesquicentennial celebration (150 years) for Old Colorado City.

Old Colorado City | Old Town... New Experience (http://www.shopoldcoloradocity.com/content.php?id=98 - broken link)

I have to say, after picking up a pizza at Pizza Rustica and driving around, etc, I was reminded that the westside and the OCC may very well be the best part of Colorado Springs!
ssshhhh - we're trying to keep that a secret

Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
It's a mess. I went once - no need to do it again. Food is really bad, people everywhere - cheap merchandise sold ... not so cheap. To take in an event like that I'd rather go to the state fair and take in a show.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
It's a mess. I went once - no need to do it again. Food is really bad, people everywhere - cheap merchandise sold ... not so cheap. To take in an event like that I'd rather go to the state fair and take in a show.
My thoughts were somewhat the same. It's a street fair with lots of craft vendors and carnival food. There are a few "honest" exhibits that have some connection to the days when Colorado was a "territory" and not a state. One example are the hobbyists who pan for gold and set up a demo, but they put those folks on a side street and use the main street for the commercial stuff. I think we've been twice, no desire to go again, though a different story for families who want to take the kids to something fun, noisy and free.

I prefer OCC on a midweekday for an uncrowded lunch and walk-about.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,857,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
My thoughts were somewhat the same. It's a street fair with lots of craft vendors and carnival food. There are a few "honest" exhibits that have some connection to the days when Colorado was a "territory" and not a state. One example are the hobbyists who pan for gold and set up a demo, but they put those folks on a side street and use the main street for the commercial stuff. I think we've been twice, no desire to go again, though a different story for families who want to take the kids to something fun, noisy and free.

I prefer OCC on a midweekday for an uncrowded lunch and walk-about.
Agreed ... haven't been to one in years. All I do is eat my way up and down the street, with food that's bad for me, and that's about it - but I'm sure it is fun for folks with kids. Sorry about posting that link, Mike ... I didn't know and now I do.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Default Territory Days Pics from Old Colorado City

Nice time down there and had to duck a thunderstorm or two...

Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 AM

77 posts, read 352,295 times
Nice pics! Glad to see that someone enjoyed it! My family and I went down there and got soaked from head to toe bone deep. We tried to go eat at the greek resturant to avoid the hail and rain but there was an hour wait so we ran back to the bus and went home. We are gonna try again today!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:25 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Mom and I went on Sat. and had fun and got three hours in before the rain - plenty of time.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM

188 posts, read 933,484 times
Got in an hour and a half today before the skies opened. Fun while it lasted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs