U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM

23 posts, read 67,856 times

Advertisements

Hi ,
I appriciate any help I can get .I want to move to CS this summer.My Boys are 12 and 13 .Now here are my Questions:
How is the Powers Area ?A good place to raise Kids ?
How is the Chateau at Antalope Ridge subdivition?A good place to live ?Also how is the school district Falcon 49 the Middle school?
Any other suggestions where to move to around CS.
But not to pricey.Iam a single Parent.
Also I want to go back to school are there any colleges with exellerated programs ?
Thanks alot ,
And thanks for any input,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM

2,755 posts, read 8,690,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabehappy View Post
Hi ,
How is the Chateau at Antalope Ridge subdivition?A good place to live?
I believe that that Antelope Ridge is leasehold, not fee-simple. What that means is that you don't own the land under your house -- not that this is a bad thing necessarily, but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison with most other subdivisions. So that's why when you do a housing search in Colorado Springs you find the Antelope Ridge houses come up first in the price order.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 12,208 times
Also check into the monthly dues associated with the Chateau homes. The homes I looked into in there had dues over $300/month....

You'll get way more for your money if you stay away from those.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:11 PM

1,933 posts, read 4,465,680 times
Hi wanna,
My parents currently reside in Antelope Ridge, off of Marksheffel and Barnes. They wanted a rancher with an open floor plan and with their financial situation, it works. I think it is decent/nice, especially for a single mother. You could do far worse!!!! The division is well kept, nice modular homes. There is little backyard, no real side yards. However, there is a clubhouse with open space and a small park. No parking is allowed on the streets. Do you plan on renting or buying? Not many banks will finance them. I believe your kiddos will be attending Horizon Middle School- my gf the attending secretary there. She had her own girls attend versus their own home school. She hasn't said a lot of negative about it, other than the typical hormonal teenager stuff.
What are you looking at going into college/career wise? We have several colleges in the area. I am finishing my second Masters degree at UCCS and my husband works at Pikes Peak Community College. I have limited knowledge about the other colleges in the area, but can sure give it a shot.
What other questions do you have?
Lynette

Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 AM

23 posts, read 67,856 times
Default Here are some more Questions

I want to rent first to see how I like it. Then I want to buy. Are there other subdivisions that have reasonable homes and good schools? What neighborhoods do you suggest? I will move to CS from Germany with the military. My husband and I are separating. I can use our VA loan to buy a house. I really appriciate the help. Thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 10:33 AM

17,379 posts, read 24,649,659 times
Wannabe....see if there is anything in zip 80920 in your price range, school district 20, one of the better districts.

Use www.realtor.com (broken link) or google on colorado spring rentals and you'll get many hits, for sure.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM

2,755 posts, read 8,690,616 times
D-20 comes highly recommended, so I'd focus on that -- generally the border is north of Dublin.

I've found that in Colorado Springs, resale homes are generally a much better deal (price per square foot) than new construction. You can probably find an exceptional deal on an 80s tri-level in the older (southern) part of D-20 around Woodmen and Union -- there are also a lot of apartments in that general area that you can first rent to get a feel of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs