U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 14,792 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone:

I lived in C/S (north area-University Park) back in 2003-2004 and then moved away.

In July of last year, we remotely purchased the townhome that we live in now i.e. Internet Shopping. To make a long story short, we bought a beautiful townhome in the worst location in the city (Chelton and Jet Wing) and have finally gotten an offer on it. We will close on May 4.

So now that we have lived here for about 9 months and after many chats with the police departments we have narrowed down our acceptable locations and were hoping to get some feedback. Because our price range caps at about $155-160K it limits us, but there are still a few nice options for condos/townhomes.

We looked in the Northwest at the Rockrimmon Townhomes but all that had 2 car garages have been sold, now our choices are down to the Powers area (Villa Mirage, The Villages, Ensemble Heights area, and Riviera Grove). These all at least have a 1 gar garage and meet our other requirements. We also looked at a few on the Southwest side (near Quail Lake and also down near 115 and Cheyenne Meadows). There are a few in the Spring Creek division that we liked, but were concerned that there is a correctional facility nearby. There are a couple on the west side too.

My drive to work is not really a factor. What would you guys say is the safest and quietest area? My concern about the Powers area is that it has become so busy, so quickly. Is it still a quiet area? Should I choose the Broadmoor area for its established neighborhoods?

Ok, thanks I welcome any input.

Keri :-)

Last edited by keri2000; 04-17-2007 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 05:14 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,200,683 times
DO NOT GO TO VILLA MIRAGE! My parents lived there for 1 year before moving out. The walls are paper thin and yes, their model is up to code, but the other buildings are not. You can hear your neighbors way too well- I was quite shocked at the conversations I could hear, the opening of the dishwasher, the toilet flushing (not to mention urinating also).

Last edited by froggin4colorado; 04-17-2007 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-17-2007, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 14,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
DO NOT GO TO VILLA MIRAGE! My parents lived there for 1 year before moving out. The walls are paper thin and yes, their model is up to code, but the other buildings are not. You can hear your neighbors way too well- I was quite shocked at the conversations I could here, the opening of the dishwasher, the toilet flushing (not to mention urinating also).
Wow are you serious?? Thank you. It was becoming one of my favorites, since we fell in love with the loft floor plan. Geez!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 PM

649 posts, read 2,651,787 times
Riviera Grove is a nice area. Very quite, w/ a gated community. bashep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs