Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
Thanks, everyone, for your advice and suggestions. My fiance and I found a site that exceeds our expectations.

Now that we've found a venue for our ceremony and reception, I am eagerly planning our April wedding!
Tell us about the place you chose, so we can add to the info in this thread. Thanks!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,082,894 times
I would suggest a look see at ... Mystic Meadows.
It is off of highway 115 ( Nevada in COS eventually turns into 115 just south of Ft. Carson).
It is really unique and beautiful and, I can't imagine why tons of people don't think of it. Just minutes up an easy road!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,487 times
Where did you choose for your location?
I also am looking for a site in teh Springs and am very interested to see what you found. thanks

Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,793 times
I highly recommend the Marriott on Tech Center Drive. Beautiful area and they have an awesome set-up. Colorado Springs Luxury Hotels | Colorado Springs Marriott | Pikes Peak Hotels

PM me and I can provide a name or two who can help you out. (I've worked with them in the past) At the very least, call or stop by and talk to their catering department or manager.

Cheers!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,990 times
Briarhust would be my first choice.
Broadmoor would also be good.

You are wise to plan indoor for the month of April. April can be wonderful outside - or not!! It's really best to plan for indoor and then hope for a sunny day.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:01 PM

433 posts, read 959,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karas View Post
Where did you choose for your location?
I also am looking for a site in teh Springs and am very interested to see what you found. thanks
Karas, I'd look into The Pinery in Black Forest.

The Pinery in Colorado Springs: all-inclusive Wedding and Event Center designed and built especially for weddings and special events.

That's where I was going to be married. The staff is AWESOME, the location is gorgeous, and you could have BOTH your wedding and reception at their site. There is an outdoor wedding location as well as a Chapel where you could be married indoors. Alot of couples plan for an outdoor wedding but The Pinery has a contingency plan if the weather is bad -- and the Chapel is very close to the outdoor wedding site. There is a ballroom on site as well. Laurie is the wedding planner there, so it might be worth your while to contact her for some info.

They only hold ONE WEDDING AT A TIME, unlike Broadmoor and other places where you run the risk of running into another woman in a white dress!

Congratulations and best wishes in your marriage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs