U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,099,702 times

Advertisements

If you saw a house near $130K near Denver, you'd better look pretty close at it. That is still way under most of the Denver area market, unless the house is a dump or is in a very questionable neighborhood. Moving without visiting is a VERY BAD IDEA. You don't want to make a mistake that you will emotionally and financially regret for years. As the old saying goes, "Before you jump off of the pier, it's a good idea to see if there's water down there." When I relocated the last time, I spent nearly three weeks in the area I moved to before making a decision--and I already had a job offer there. Time and money well spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,742,075 times
jazzlover - agree with all that you said.

$130 in the Denver area doesn't get you much unless it's a condo or small townhome.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:09 PM

16,171 posts, read 20,180,588 times
Jazz Lover is right about the weather. It can get pretty quirky.But I still love the Springs.Lived there from 56 to 65. A great place to grow up as a kid. The last few times through has been ungodly construction tieups on 1-25.WHen my family left in 65, population was maybe 65 thousand.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 AM

615 posts, read 2,722,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Jazz Lover is right about the weather. It can get pretty quirky.
I actually like that we get some variety in the weather. In San Diego, weathermen pretty much gave the same forecast day after day. 70's at the beach, 80's inland and 90's in east county. The only change would be an occasional Santa Anna, rare rain storms (once went 6 months without rain while I was there) and the typical "June Gloom". Here, wathermen actualy earn their paycheck.

The weather here is not for everyone. If you don't like cold or snow or spectacular thunderstorms, then CO is not the place for you.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:54 AM

553 posts, read 1,415,087 times
I really don't get the complaints about the weather. I've lived in North Dakota. The Springs' winds and snow don't come remotely close to what it was like up there. I've lived in the snow belt in upsatte New York. We don't get near that much snow, and what falls is generally gone within a couple days.

Seriously, Colorado Springs weather is terrific. Four seasons -- none of them too harsh. Yeah.... It rains and snows and gets windy. But never for weeks at a time.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 PM

38 posts, read 299,984 times
I don't listen much to the weather here anymore.

I trust my nose, and my head. If I smell rain, then its gonna rain if my head hurts, then some front is moving through. Now if only I can get a trick-knee to tell me when its going to get cold.....

Old 08-23-2007, 04:52 PM

788 posts, read 1,785,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
crap. you just had to scare me....:P

You guys are putting doubts in my head about moving to Colorado...but if not there....then I can't think of anywhere else. :/ We HAVE to leave Washington state. But we want a place that's warm...and not life threatening
Ghostpoet, are you kidding me? ...you aren't going to move somewhere because it has lightning storms and tornadoes? Do you know what your chances of getting killed by either of those are? Slim to none. Have some cajones. Every place in the country carries its risk of natural disasters or manmade disasters. CO is probably about as safe as you can get.

Washington looks like a very pretty state, so green and foresty, but I get depressed if it is overcast for too long - also I hate being wet and hate wetness. So I guess it'd be wise on my part to rule out living anywhere in the Pacific Northwest? I was thinking Portland or Seattle maybe.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:18 PM

4 posts, read 10,294 times
Does it stink in Fountain when the wind blows to the right? That's what one of the junior members posted here because he said there is a sewage plant in town or around them parts of the woods. Please let me know so I can make sure i live to the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or