U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 AM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorhyne View Post
What about Whole Foods, any of those in Colorado?

"whole foods" loc: cos - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,613 times
Default Juns not worth the drive any more

Juns use to be the best place for sushi. Ive been from Calif to Florida and it was always the best... until they opened the 2nd location. I am no longer impressed. Kura is my new fav. Worth the drive from anywhere/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Questionable planning? (The last three are in Monument):
Two major hospitals within a couple of miles of each other: 1) Woodmen and Powers and 2) Union and Briargate
Two Costcos within five miles of each other (and orientated east and west and not north and south like COS is spread out)
Three Mexican Restaurants: Two near 105 & Jackson creek and one in old Monument
Two take and bake pizza places & and a Rotellis within a mile or two in Monument
Three Chinese Restaurants: Near Kohls/Home Depot, Near 105, & near Sooper Kings within a mile or two in Monument.
I know competition is good but the planning seems redundant.

I wish there was a close by Korean and a Thai restaurant. (Not impressed with the sushi joint near 105 & 25). For sushi, Juns and Kura are worth driving to.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:29 PM

19 posts, read 75,086 times
FYI

Costco New Locations Coming Soon

"New Locations Coming Soon"

Colorado Springs East , CO --> February 2008

Old 01-03-2008, 04:33 AM

1 posts, read 5,466 times
No Trader Joe's? That seriously needs to change....

Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 PM

132 posts, read 602,582 times
Don't forget Fry's Electronics (FRYS.com). That would really be neat to have here.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeach View Post
Don't forget Fry's Electronics (FRYS.com). That would really be neat to have here.
Frys is dangerous. You walk in there to buy a motherboard and you walk out buying a 10,000 watt stereo, $2500 worth of personal electronics, and ten pounds of candy. It's like a coke dealer for electronics addicts.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 AM

41 posts, read 366,873 times
Back to CostCO questions... does anyone know if they do preview day type things where you get free shopping despite not being a member... or will they let you go just look around without buying?
We are wondering about the difference in prices and product availability between them and Sam's Club. Also, one of the new Costcos is closer to our house then either of the Sam's Clubs.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM

132 posts, read 602,582 times
Both Costco and Sams Club offer 100% refunds on their memberships, so you can join both and check them out over the course of a month to see which one you like. A one-day trip thru the stores seems too short to make a good decision. You'll find that each store offers something that the other doesn't, but in general they seem to overlap at least 70%. Costco is a tad more upscale than Sams Club, so you will find some high quality stuff there.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 AM

227 posts, read 931,755 times
I have shopped at both back in So Cal, and here in CO (I have driven up to the Costco in South Denver several times) and I'm a member at Sam's. You will find different brands at Sam's vs. Costco. The quality of the prepared foods is better and the selection is larger at Costco. There are some steaks at Costco that I crave and drive up to get probably once a month, because I can't find them anywhere else. In addition, I am not very inclined to support Wal Mart business practices (Sam's Club is owned by WalMart) but that's all I'll say about that. Can't wait for Costco to open so I can cancel my Sam's Club membership.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:19 AM

41 posts, read 366,873 times
Beach and Amery,
Thanks for your replies. We are also already Sam's Club members and were wondering if we should switch. We will have to consider that 100% membership refund deal to see if we want to once the new Costco opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or