U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:21 PM

655 posts, read 1,683,145 times

Advertisements

No, that's not a new snow sport. I searched the forum and didn't find anything about boarding cats. When we travel from our house in Washington state, we use a wonderful place with the fun name of Sandbox Ranch Lodge. They take only cats and have them in large cages set around a big room. There's an enclosed play area and outdoor enclosures for a little fresh air. A TV is always on for noise and there's a bird in a cage to give them something to dream about. It's second best to our friend Nancy who cat-and-house-sat for 30 years in Oklahoma City.

We're considering a move to Colorado Springs and would like to find a similar place, rather than leaving them in small cages at a vet's office. Do you know of such a place? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 02:42 PM

649 posts, read 2,648,760 times
I haven't heard of anything. But I can ask my mom she is a big animal lover and knows alot of people. bashep

Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM

632 posts, read 1,541,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
No, that's not a new snow sport. I searched the forum and didn't find anything about boarding cats. When we travel from our house in Washington state, we use a wonderful place with the fun name of Sandbox Ranch Lodge. They take only cats and have them in large cages set around a big room. There's an enclosed play area and outdoor enclosures for a little fresh air. A TV is always on for noise and there's a bird in a cage to give them something to dream about. It's second best to our friend Nancy who cat-and-house-sat for 30 years in Oklahoma City.

We're considering a move to Colorado Springs and would like to find a similar place, rather than leaving them in small cages at a vet's office. Do you know of such a place? Thanks.
Try Carefree Cats. They're a vet's office specializing in cats, and they board cats also - I seem to remember that they have a special room for them that is like you describe.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:38 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,190,072 times
Default CAT groomer

My hairballs are in desperate need of a good shave. This is their first time. Any suggestions for something on the southern end? I am a Ftn resident. The farthest north I want to drive is Constitution. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Okay...how about a dog groomer. I will do the research on whether or not they also do cats.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM

Come on...throw me a bone!

PUN SO INTENDED! Grin. I am calling Lucky Dog to see what they charge and I guess I will post to you all about what I think since no one has an opinion about it. THanks though!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM

132 posts, read 602,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
My hairballs are in desperate need of a good shave. This is their first time. Any suggestions for something on the southern end? I am a Ftn resident. The farthest north I want to drive is Constitution. Thanks!
Do what I use to do - wash them once a month. All you need is a big sink, soap, a ton of guts, a tolerance for pain, and lots of band aids

Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 AM

LOL!! Good one...thanks for the input!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:43 PM

420 posts, read 1,010,169 times
Default Need cat vet recommendation AND short-term kenneling recommendation

Moving to the Springs the end of the month...

Will need to kennel our 9 year old, spayed, female short-medium hair cat for about a week until we are able to move into our place.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone you trust? Downtown, Powers, northeast preferred but any would be okay.

Longer term, need a vet who is good with cats. No problems with the cat except for seizures which are taken care of by a prescription from our vet for potassium bromide (although finding a compounding pharmacist may be the more challenging thing!)

Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:52 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
I don't know much about kennels, but I imagine if you post something on craigslist you might get a volunteer or relatively inexpensive transaction for someone to foster-parent your cat for a week or so - just a thought.

As for vets, lately my parents have used PetSmart with pet insurance and found it good - there are several locations in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs