Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM

7 posts, read 20,743 times

Advertisements

Are there any Asian markets/grocery stores in Colorado Springs? What about Farmer's markets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,959 times
do a search on google and you will find alot of good info CFMA-find a Market Guide (http://www.coloradofarmers.org/find_a_market.htm - broken link)

Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,760 times
There is a big Asian market off of Platt (hwy 24) just a few blocks West of the Powers intersection.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
There's an Asian-Pacific Market off Platte....just across from the flea market. As the poster above mentioned.

It opened last year or so and has recently grown pretty nicely. It's more of a Thai, Vietnamese, type place, but it's pretty big with a good selection of Pacific Islander type foods.

There are probably 3-4 Korean grocery stores in town that are pretty small mom and pop places. They can be a bit pricey, but there's one just off Academy Blvd and Palmer Park, in the same shopping center as a 7-11 and Popeyes.....and oddly enough, there's a tiny one just on the other side of Palmer Park in the same area......... there's one off Powers and Carefree North, just behind the gas station, and the other is off Academy and Airport, just behind the Conoco station.

For the grand daddy of them all,there's a Super H-Mart in Denver, (Hmart.com: Online Shopping for Asian Grocery, Korean Kimchi, Rice Cookers, Appliances & more at everyday low prices. for directions). It's a full sized Korean super-market.

It's got ery' thing....there's a restaurant inside and one around the corner.
H-Mart is a very common chain of Korean grocery store on the East and West coast, but there's only one supersto' in Colorado.

There are several Korean, Thai and Viet restaurants in and around that area. Wow'.......I'm just a plethora of info today....wonder what that's all about.

Hope it helps.

Tery

Old 04-10-2009, 01:00 AM

4 posts, read 14,506 times
Default Asain stores/supermarkets?

Okay, I'm not looking for any asain food only stores or restaurants. I'm actually looking for a store that sells Asain/Japense products that have EYELID GLUE. You know, the stuff you put above your eyes in order to make them bigger and create a crease. Or "eye talk" is a popular brand.

Now don't anyone give me any BS about how dumb that is. I'm caucasian and I already have an eye-lid crease, so i am NOT TRYING TO CREATE A FAKE EYELID CREASE. But and due to a injury a long, long time ago on one of my eyes I am actually missing partial crease in my eye. So one eye is perfectly normal like I was born with. The other eye is missing a partial crease, causing it look like half as small as the other one. It's aysmetrical to my other eye. The eye-doctor said surgery was the way to fix it. (but that's expensive, and surgery kinda scares me). She said that I could try "eye-lid glue" so that way i can "PREVIEW HOW IT LOOKS" before determing if in fact I wanted to go throughh with the surgery. Also due to execssive rubbing in the past (when i had bad allergries) my eyes have also gotten slightly small overall. I guess the eyelids maybe dropped a little. I dont know. So my doctor told me eye-lid surgery could correct it make my eyes "as close as possible as how they used to be when I was young before my injury and droppyness". But before I'd ever consider doing something as major as surgery, I'd rather try the glue first to preview and see if this would even correct the problem for me, so I can make sure it doesn't end up looking horrible. Since surgery once it's done, it's too late. At least with the glue you can get a preview and wash it off it you decide it's not worth it.

But I guess the only place that sells this eye-lid glue is asain stores or i guess mostly japaense stores. Where I can find some stores around here that'd sell that kinda stuff?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:23 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
Did you try to the Asian supermarket across from the Flea Market near Platte?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM

look in the phone book.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM

4 posts, read 14,506 times
I tried to call some of them, but a couple of them didn't even speak English at all, and the others that spoke some-what english just said "we dont have that". I'm suprised I thought most asain stores would carry that kinda stuff. Anyone have any other ideas? I even tried two big ones in denver, and they picked it up speaking chinese/japanse or korean and then said i had the wrong number...

Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 AM

do a search on google then and see where it would be sold at. then you might beable to find it online for sale.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM

105 posts, read 289,768 times
Default Asian Markets...

Do you guys know of any good Asian market where I can get Thai Basil?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs